Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Xbox 360 Premium - Xbox 360 Elite data transfer

S.C.G

Ok so, I've had an Xbox 360 Premium almost since it was released and I have opted to upgrade to the Elite which *should* hopefully be arriving any time now in the post via courier (I assume) from Play.com, also I've just recieved Bioshock moments ago and I'm thinking I might as well wait until I get the Elite to play it assuming I get it today.

I'm going to send off the form to get a transfer kit from M$ or I might just phone them if theres an option to do that, basically a few questions...

Has anyone actually transferred their data yet? from what I understand you connect the old HDD via the cable to the Elite with the new HDD on top of the black behemoth, then you wait an hour or something and it's done? It supposedly transfers everything but I have a memory card so is it better to keep my gamertag on the memory card for the purposes of the transfer?

When I get the Elite I was gonna use the old HDD from the moment I switch it on untill I get the transfer kit as any data put onto the 120GB HDD would get overwritten anyway so I'm guessing this is the best way, finally, you get a months free Live gold access with it, now thats great but I will be using my old Gamertag with it so does that mean I don't get the free month or is it just a redeemable code?

Hmm I think thats everything, quite a few questions I guess but if anyone can answer any of them it would be greatly appreciated. ^^

Thanks,

Sam.

Guest Jordan

I can tell you now, that free month of live is for new accounts only.

Infact, i thought whenever you opened an account on XBL (its happend twice for me) you always start with the option to have a free month of gold subscription.

I can tell you now, that free month of live is for new accounts only.

Infact, i thought whenever you opened an account on XBL (its happend twice for me) you always start with the option to have a free month of gold subscription.

Only 3 times I think to stop people just making loads of accounts to get free Live.

Ok so I got my Elite on Friday, works fine, using my 20GB HDD until I get the transfer kit, Bioshock looks amazing in HDMI btw, a reasonable improvement over component from what I can see atm IMO.

Assuming all goes well with the transfer I will most likely be putting my Premium system up for sale on the trade boards soon so look out for that if you are after one. ^^