N-Europe

Buy A Wii while they are still available!!

Maiky-NiSuTe

Mind you we are getting Tingles RosseRupeeLand -thing of a game before US.

[sARCASM]Oh, wow! We also got Mario Strikers Charged Football before the US! How on Earth can we keep complaining?[/sARCASM]

WOHOO!! forget mario galaxy, metroid, smash, mario kart we get Tingle !!!!

(i get the sony pres conference feeling here

Here is Tingle!!!! (crowd silence)

TINGLE!!! (crowd doesn't make a sound)

:( )

What is this Tingle? Anyway, I've got to wait until after the Coca-Cola 30 September competition (first one I've ever entered via text) on the outside chance I might win a Wii (and a 28" LCD tv which would be sold on ebay).

After that I'm going to Gamestation!

Chip Shortages Prolong Wii Drought

Game store employees around the world broke down weeping as Taiwanese chip manufacturers poke their heads out of the ground and see their shadow, ushering in umpteen more weeks of Wii shortages. Nintendo's plans to up Wii production, originally slated for June of this year have been delayed thanks to supply issues with components like IC chips and PCBs. Component makers say the the continuing shortages indicate an unlikelihood of the Wii drought easing up anytime this year. With the console selling over 10 million units worldwide, one can only imagine how large that number would be right now if they had consoles to sell. All I know is game store workers can look forward to several more months of endless, "Is the Wii in?" phone calls, followed by death at the hands of angry parents as the holiday season comes to a head. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Plans to Expand Wii Production Stalled

Thought it was going to be easier to get a Wii?

Think again. Nintendo's plans to expand Wii production has apparently been delayed according to Taiwan-based component makers. The expansion was previously slated for June, but has been now been pushed backed due to tight supply of IC chips and PCBs. What's that mean? Shortages most likely won't ease up this year. Bummer.

• 4 weeks later...

Here is another warning:

Fils-Aime: Wii Supply Increasing for Holidays

But he warns the console will still be hard to find.

by IGN Staff

September 14, 2007 - Ten months into its lifespan, the Wii continues to evade many consumers at retail. With the holiday season fast approaching, no doubt many shoppers will be out trying to get their hands on Nintendo's motion-sensing wonder.

Good news: in an interview with the Mercury News, Reggie Fils-Aime, President of Nintendo of America, reassures us that Wii manufacturing is being ramped up in preparation for the holiday buying frenzy.

Reggie Fils-Aime

"The good news is that we're flowing more and more product into the marketplace and the amount of Wii hardware [that] will be in North American stores will be unprecedented -- substantially more than the launch, substantially more than has been seen to date," Fils-Aime said.

But Reggie is so bolstered by the success of the Wii, he warns that no matter how many units Nintendo manages to produce, it will still remain elusive.

"The bad news is that given the level of demand, and given the fact that the more we put in the more we sell, it is still going to be difficult to get [your] hands on the Wii... All major retailers will have regular supply, and so as consumers you need to regularly check out your Wal-Mart, Target, GameStop, Best Buy, Circuit City, Toys 'R Us -- all of those key retailers. Talk to the manager and find out when they get their regular shipments, and try to get there when the product comes in. It's going to be flowing in every week, but the fact is that currently demand outstrips supply on a worldwide basis."

Hmmm....

Nintendo certainly know how to make this console seem desirable and much sought after (either real or engineered) with press releases like this. They just love the idea that there's a bunch of consumers rushing around trying to buy these things in panic because they have been told it'll be hard to find.

I don't expect it's a popular point of view, but I don't like this type of "publicity". I don't like engineered and stage-managed demand. The Wii is a very popular item, that's for sure, but I have no doubt Nintendo will have plenty of stocks for Christmas after reading Reggie's comments. And if they don't...well tough break.

my friend owns a game shop and he has some Wii's now since a long time but he also knows that soon the Wii will run down fast as soon we are nearing December. also i have read several articles about chip production for the Wii cant cope the request of Nintendo. meening Nintendo is running at its max for almost a year now.

about the stocks for December they have some but there are serious doubts if it is enough. chances are really big that the Wii sales out before December hits!

• 1 month later...

^ Yes, I was looking all around town early this week to buy me a Wii again...With no success. I finally got one today by search the Argos website and reserving the LAST one at a Brixton store. Every Argos in London has sold out of Wiis...This Christmas is going to be something :D. Its like people have stocked up before 'hibernation'.

Better get it now if you haven't. Computer Exchange (cex.co.uk) are selling SECND HAND Wiis for £235 (incomplete) and £250!!! They are aslo buying Wiis for £190! Its madness out here.

Wii is already selling out again in several places in the Netherlands how is the rest of Europe doing?

The UK is selling out too as far as I know. I had a very hard time buying one last week! Eventually got the last one in my local argos by reserving online.

The UK is selling out too as far as I know. I had a very hard time buying one last week! Eventually got the last one in my local argos by reserving online.

Great minds think alike! (Argos). Its probably also worth noting that for every £100 you spend in Argos you get a £10 gift voucher. Also TP and a lot of other games are now £19.99!!