N-Europe

Intermittent surround sound speaker problem

S.C.G

Recently I've been getting odd buzzing sounds from my two rear speakers when used with my PC, it's only happened recently (within the last few days) my speaker system is connected to the pc via a Coaxial cable, I have the Spherex 5.1 system and I use some software called Realtek HD Audio Manager (never really liked it, came with the PC)

I guess it could be anything as it's an Intermittent thing but it's getting more frequent now :S I had thought that it might be just some program causing background interferance but it's only the two back speakers, or it could be a really annoying virus except my last full system scan (last night) shows nothing of the sort.

So anyways I just wondered if anyone has had similar problems or has any software suggestions or anything that might help before I start replacing the speaker cables or something (probably pointlessly). Thanks.

yes, I think it was the main Coaxial cable used to connect the sub to the PC, I mseed about with it and tested it for a good 3 hours and it seems fine now, most odd... :blank:

Oh well, feel free to use this thread as a general speaker setup / problem thread until it expires. :smile:

*update*

hmm as with most intermittent glitches, I turned my PC on this morning and my sound system and within the first few minutes it buzzed again :/ but I turned it off and switched the ends of the coaxial cable around and it seems fine again... :blank:

it's been on for over an hour no and no problems, we shall see how long it lasts... :heh: