NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Shift

DVI to HDMI Help

I have a 26" Samsung LCD, which i use for my PC, Wii, 360 and as a TV.

My Wii is linked up to the component and i want to keep it that way.

I have one VGA slot that my PC is currently plumbed into and my 360 isnt linked up at all at the moment.

I want to have all these linked up as i hate swapping cables around.

I bought a DVI to HDMI cable quite awhile ago now, but i cant seem to get it working on my PC (vista ultimate 64 - Nvidia 8800GTX), it stretches the screen way bigger then the viewable area.

If any one knows of a solution to this problem please let me know, if not read on ;)

Im guessing that DVI to HDMI doesnt currently work, so, my next question is will a simple KVM switch work?

If i plug the VGA cable from my PC and 360 into it, will that work, also will i be able to keep my mouse and keyboard plugged into my PC, rather then use the KVM switch.

There are plenty of cheap 2 way KVM switches, but i cant seem to find any small (under 5 - I only need 2) VGA switches.

Thanks in advance for any help on these matters.

I've been reading up on it this morning and once again, its to do with the 8800 drivers.

The Advanced Timing Options in the driver settings has been disabled in all of the newer drivers (the last one they were in were the 94.XX driver) and powerstrip doesnt support the 8800 cards.

So i'll probably buy a £20 KVM switch an xbox 360 VGA cable for around £20 and see if it works (i dont see a reason for why it wouldnt).

I could just wait for the next set of drivers and hope that is fixes this, but swapping the component cables between my 360 and Wii is really anoying me now! :]

tbh i'd just put the Wii through RGB Scart and save the bother. The picture is better through component but is it really so much better that its worth messing around with a switch?

Yes.

I'll buy a cheapo switch, then when nvidia get around to fixing their drivers to support underscanning ill connect my PC up to the HDMI slot and my problem wil be sorted.

Sign in to follow this