N-Europe

Xbox Live Gamertag/Live Subscription Query

Saminthehat

Hey everyone.

Soon I'm buying an Xbox 360 off a mate with 8 months of Live left. He, naturally, already has a gamertag. What I want to know is, how can my xbox.com made gamertag (Saminthehat) use the subscription? I heard only 1 gamertag is allowed per subscription. Basically, I see it as two options:

1. I delete his account and load my new account as the default Live user. Is this possible or will the Live subscription be deleted with his Gamertag?

2. I edit his account into mine. i.e. pay the 800 MS points for name change, change profile settings (e-mail etc.). I really don't want to have to do this.

Thanks a bunch.

Works out good value though, £5 for 8 months Live. Just tell you're mate that you cant use his Live, therefore its no use to you and he cant use it when valuing his 360

Might get the whole thing for cheaper that way ;)

I suppose I could...it's just...will I need his Windows Live ID password and e-mail at all because I think he's probably linked his Gamertag with it? i.e. will I need his password in order to change anything about the profile on the Xbox?

Yes, you will, you'll need the email address and password linked to the account, just tell him to change the password after you've changed the details of the Live subscription if he doesn't trust you.