N-Europe

Xbox/Windows Connection problems

Eddage

The other day I got my Xbox connected to Live by plugging an ethernet cable from the console to my computer. I turned on internet sharing and everything was working fine, however it has now stopped working!

When I run a connection test on the 360 it falis on the IP part, this is what it ells me when I ask for more details...

Your console was unable to negotiate a lease with your DHCP server. Make sure addresses are available on your server.

This test verifies that your console has a valid IP Address. If your console does not pass this test:

• Confirm there are no other devices on your network with the same IP address

• If you are using a router or a gateway, verify that it is configured to assign IP addresses to network Devices.

I have a wireless internet connection from a BT Home Hub in my lounge and so this computer accesses the internet through that and the 360 should then share the connection this computer recieves. I have set the IP address and DNS servers and all that to assign automatically, as it was when it was working, however I don't get a connection to the internet through my ethernet port anymore - it just says "local only"

I am running Windows Vista Ultimate if the makes any difference?!

Any ideas on how to get it working will be greatly appreciated!

Did you bridge the connections?

Not sure how to do it in Vista, i bought the 360 wireless adaptor before i upgraded.

Could you move the BT Home Hub to the 360? That would solve you're problem completely

Wouldn't now how to bridge the connection?! The thing that I don't understand is that it was working perfectly, then I restarted Windows and it stopped working?!

Sadly I cannot move the router to the 360 as I have no phone line in my room!