N-Europe

Wiiconnect24 - What could it be used for?

The Lillster

In today's topic, we will be discussing the benefits Wiiconnect24 could bring.

My idea would be, the abbility to download things, while the console is on standby. That way, any big files would be downloaded faster, especially if the wii uses a Torrent type system.

Basically what that means is, the longer you are connected to the internet, the more Wii/pc' you are connected to.

To sum it all up, the more people you are connected to, and if lots of users have got the file your downloading, the faster the download speed(also related to your isp provider and download speed limit).

This idea would be especially good, for games which can be updated with content, using the wiiconnect24 feature.

Hopefuly, this will happen sooner rather than later.

User created content, like videos, images, maybe even indie games!

feel the wii when its in standby. its hotter than you would hope. Its not a low power consumption standy as say a modern tv. I hate the way channels like news and weather force you to have wiiconcect24 on. its not necessary. there are no features that make anysense ... that can all be achieved using servers or download on connect (except mail notificatioon )

feel the wii when its in standby. its hotter than you would hope. Its not a low power consumption standy as say a modern tv. I hate the way channels like news and weather force you to have wiiconcect24 on. its not necessary. there are no features that make anysense ... that can all be achieved using servers or download on connect (except mail notificatioon )

The Wii is hot because the fan isn't on when it's on standby.

I agree though, wiiconnect24 is underused atm. Thats why I created this topic, to read other people' ideas, on what wiiconnect24 could be used for.

Another good feature, would be the abbility to interact with the console using the DS, while it is in sleepmode. That way you could access a ton of content, without having to mess around with the wii first. I dunno if thats possible, but if it is, that would be awesome, because i'm always playing my psp in bed, so if the DS has got some good interaction with the console, I might buy one again.