N-Europe

LED Mod / electronics question

ultrajamie

I've a slightly obtuse question about led's

I've just hooked up one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRAND-NEW-BLUE-3-LED-BEAM-KIT-IN-CHROME_W0QQitemZ140070219581QQihZ004QQcategoryZ75520QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

to a 500ma 12v dc transformer... to use on my aquarium so i can see my catfish at night.

Anyway, i've got the transformer set to 7.5volts because 12v is too bright...

anyway, the 3 leds in the array are wired in series, but i want to hook up another set at the other end of my tank... can i do this by wiring them to the same adaptor - if effect creating two parallel circuits of 3 leds in series... or should i wire them to another adaptor?

thanks in advance for your help

Guest Stefkov

I think you coudl do that, but you'd have to have more power going through the circuit. So maybe up the power from the transformer.

If I remember, if you were to have the 3 other leds coming off it in parralell, then that would take half the power going to the one in place. So it would half and half it. So I think it would work if you just attached another one to it.

I hope that I've remmebered something from those 2 years of Electronics, lol.

That looks pretty nice, but you could have made your own. From maplins, maybe. I've not been to Maplins in ages though so i cant remember prices.