NEurope

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rummy

NVIDIA USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller, not working?

So in device manager, there is some sort of problem with this thing. Firstly, I'm not entirely sure what it's for, I am under the impression it has something to do with enabling my USB ports to run at hi speed USB 2.0. The device is listed as NVIDIA USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller, and the current driver appears to be ousbehci.sys(don't even know if it's the right driver, i reckon it probably isnt) says it was provided by OrangeWare Corporation. Now, my question is, does anyone know where I could get a driver that works? I can't rollback, as there is no rollback, I don't believe I have any disk with the driver on it and it doesn't connect to the internet to try and get a new driver and I don't know how to make it do that. I get a feeling this copy of windows may be a bit dodgy, but that is something which is out of my hands. So...erm...*looks at Jordan*...yeah, any help anyone?

EDIT: I've tried going here to look for a suitable driver, but can't see anything relating to USB controllers. I got to that site from a google of OrangeWare Corporation, and a link on their site.

EDIT 2nd: All right, according to my brother he took out/disabled the USB ports at the front of the computer because they shorted out the computer or something like that, it's probably related to that somehow, which dissappoints me, as it probably means the ports on the back aren't capable for use with hispeed devices :(. Can anyone tell me how to confirm this, without asking my brother, as it was awkward enough getting that out of him, he's an arse.