NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Charlie

My internet is really slow...

And has been for about a week now. Even with no downloads running or anything, its going really really slowly on all my computers. I've reset the router a few times and that gets it going again, but only for an hour at the most then it goes again.

I'm on Pipex - they seem to have changed their packages so I don't know which one - 2MB unlimited...

Any ideas?

First, I would run a direct connection to the router for a bit to see if the problem is 100% modem associated. This is more or less so you can tell your ISP : "Look, I did - yada bla bla bla" , the problem is the service as of current. You could also run a firmware update check for the heck of it. (Believe it or not, it fixed a router that became "screwy" for me once)

http://www.dslreports.com/tools

The tools have servers in the US only unfortunately, but smoking might be nice to monitor for packet loss. You should probably ring your ISP and have them run a check of the line from their end and do a monitor for the day. If they don't have that technology, I would stare blankly at the phone, scream the name of some random object on your desk, and proceed to get a new ISP.

Sign in to follow this