NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
RichieRich

Regional Game Release Delays

I dont know if someone knows what the release delay between Japan, US and Europe was like for N64 and GC consoles compared to the Wii, but as far as I can remember most games releases also seemed to follwo a similar delay, i.e Japan then US then Europe a few months later.

As the Wii is pretty much being released within a few weeks for all reagions, can we expect some game releases to also follow a similar release schedule?

I know there is the old "Localisation" arguement, but if Wii is region free, it would make sense that they are, otherwise I will be importing from the US!

The Wii isn't region-free after all.

And no, I wouldn't expect that the quick launch worldwide means we wait less time for releases after Japan and the Americas. The problem is that with Europe most games get translated into a few more languages so we have to wait for that to be done before they are released here.

I believe the really long 4-6 month delays we saw with some GC games are long gone, but i expect we still have to wait 2-3 months for some games.

GC was released in Europe 8 months after Japan, so then it was natural with some delays for the following games line-up as well. Now we are starting off only 6 days after Japan...

This is so annoying, I wish NOA and NOE would coordinate a bit more so we wouldn't get conflicting reports like this.

Sign in to follow this