N-Europe

x850xt Random Glitch

Hey guys my first thread here so be gentle :D

About 2 months ago i upgraded from a 9600xt to a x850xt which i was very happy to buy (oblivion baby) basicly at the start no problems at all ran games fine, the temp was fine (and still is) but after a few week randomly games whould start to show these random green horizontal lines on the screen, after i closed the game they would go,

I didnt really think of this problem much as i though it was a random glitch, i continued to play my games and no problem, then every so often it would happen, but sometimes no problem at all even after 6 hours of oblivion no problem at all, and even though half life 2 ep1 no problem at all,

But 2 days ago i was playing oblivion and ever 5 mins it constantly got artifacts even tho the card was running under 50c and somtimes slighty higher, the highest i've seen it at is 62c and even then no problem, i took into note the current heat but it was happening randomly,

But then the final blow happned today, i now have these lines on my desktop i have noway of getting rid of them and it's really getting on my neves, i've tried to restart and left it for a few hours to let it kool, but it looks like it's just lost it, and even now the temp is at 31c i was just wondering if you guys knew what to do or what the problem is, i know quite a bit about graphics / hardware i tink it might just be faulty,

I just emailed ebuyer (where i bought it) for a replacement take a while tho i hope i can get a replacement and i hope it's just a graphics problem, also i never had this problem with my 9600xt and i played the same games and that had a shitty fan on it, this had a monster fan that takes two slots,

I even turned the fan to a higher speed to make is coooler and that fixed the problem for a little bit but not now, anyway i just wondering if you guys know if you have had this problem before or know how to fix it etc,

Thanks guys and sorry for the big rant / specch, also i've attached some screen shots of my desktop and oblivion playing up (can't post links as post limit)

Thank guys :)

Sorry to bring this thred back up, but i just got a email from ebuyer, and they got my faulty card but they don't have any left to replace it, bit anoying, i've been looking at overclockers.co.uk / dabs / micodirect for the card and im having any luck, any you guys know where i can get a x850xt agp , has to be agp don't have fancy new stuff, thanks guys :)

Well it doesn't matter what the brand is actually. Only things that usually differ is the cooling solution (and some offer factory overclocks) Sapphire x850xt is as good as any x850xt. From my experience there has been no difference in sapphire radeon 9700 and Hercules radeon 9700 pro. Apart from the fact that the hercules is running on a higher clockspeed.

But don't the RMA mean that they send the faulty one to the manufacturer (be it ati, sapphire, Hercules, Club 3d or whatever) And get a new one in return. The manufacturer shouldn't be out of stock as the x850xt isn't that old.

I can imagine the shop being out of stock, but receiving a replacement shouldn't take more than few days...

thanks for the responce and help bogbas, yer im looking at the sapphire one not had much luck with sapphire but i spose im just being silly heh, yer im a bit confused with the RMA situation, im still waiting for the refund to go though which will take three days according to their site, hopefully i will be able to find a new graphics card by then, i miss playing oblivion :(, anyway thanks guys for ya help been very helpfull :D

Yer i've refunded £153.18, and i just looked at my records, i payed that much which is good, although that did'nt include delivary but hey, i've been looking all day for a graphics card, was thinking of getting a better one or somthing, thing is as i'm only running on agp x8 and all i can find of my card is pci-e i was thinking of saving up for a new mobo thats a socket 939 and does pci-e and just get a new pci-e card although that will just costs to much, but atm im still looking at cards and keeping an eye on ebuyer to see if they will restock my card, also whats wierd the makers of my card (Powercolor) site has gone down, well it ask for a password, very wierd, like the x850xt is all faulty or somthing, anyway thanks guys again :)