NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Tellyn

Wii Orchestra

The Wii will see a new genre of game in the form of conducting an orchestra, if you strike out the Wind Waker. Talk about it here and please post any screens you have.

This sounds really awesome, but I'm not a fan at all of Nintendo's production values on the E3 floor demo. I think this (as well as other music games) has a lot of potential on the Wii as a new gaming genre, but the sound quality has to be really amazing, and considering the aim of the feeling of immersion (feeling as if you ARE conducting an orchestra, etc.) I feel like they should really spiff up the orchestra / stage graphics. But whatever, cool concept anyway so far! :)

I'd rather they just make a game called Wii Music than just having Wii Orchestra. Just having Wii Orchestra sounds very limited, and having a game based totally around music with the drums and what ever else they want to chuck in would be a lot more appealing I rekon.

I'll wait for Toshio Iwai's game tbh.. more fun.

Good timing. I can honestly see that happening actually, although Electroplankton sold pretty badly, I'm sure Toshio Iwai would love to work on a music/art based game again with another piece of game hardware.

He's working with Yamaha at the moment on a music board device that has a 16x16 grid and you can touch it to make sounds- they have WiFi and you can link up to make music together, all the buttons light up and make patterns.

Clearly inspired by his DS project. Someone ripped off his idea already :( I saw it on TV.

Working with Nintendo would probably lead to another project which echoes to Wii controller.

Sign in to follow this