N-Europe

Hard Drive Problem(s)?

DazDude

Hi there.

Earlier on this evening i had to turn my pc off whilst i moved the multiplug extension that i plug my computer in.

Anyway when i turned my computer back on it seemed to take forever to boot up. when it eventually did it was running extremely slow despite the fact i have a gig of ram which is working perfectly fine. so i restarted and i got the diskchk come up, which i thought fine there must be a corrupt sector or something that it would repair, however having rebooted after the diskcheck it refuses to boot. the odd thing however though the actual data on the hard drive is fine as i have been able to access it on my hard drive caddy on another machine in the house and am currently backing the data up off it as i type this.

The thing i want to know is does anyone knonw what could possibly be wrong with my hard drive and is there any utilities that i could repair it with as im guessing a reformat will not cure the possible damaged sectors?

any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dazdude

If you have damaged sectors the only thing that you can actually do is buy a new hard drive. And this actually seems more like a corrupt windows installation. Backup the needed data, format, and reinstall windows.