NEurope
Atomic Boo

Games you want to use shell with

What Gamecube games are you looking forward to playing with the controller shell.

For me Second Sight would be great with the remote, flinging people around the room how you wish!

Zelda TP and all the other retro games, i wish they would eliminate the GC controller ports. Theyre in a wierd position on the Rev and the controllers themselves are gonna look tacky coming out of it.

Other than old games, i want ALL new games to use the FHC

i wish they would eliminate the GC controller ports. Theyre in a wierd position on the Rev and the controllers themselves are gonna look tacky coming out of it.

If Im not mistaken, those controller ports side have a flap so you can wish it away if you want to eliminate them. As for controllers themselves looking tacky out of revo, I guess someone will release a matching design controller that has cube connector :hehe:

Looking forward to everything, to be honest!

I'd like to play ikaruga with a wand... F-Zero GX, Mario Kart DD, pikmin... be able to use it to play music in wind waker (it's a wand for god's sake) even if they kept the rest of the control scheme the same it would be cool not needing to have the wand assigned to Y, Z, X buttons and just click a to use it (and the D-pad to change the rithm).

Other games I'd like to be able to play with the wand are Metroid Prime 1 and 2, mario golf... and... luigi's mansion, they used it to showcase the GC controller, the C stick and all... they could use it now to showcase the improvement... I mean... controlling the light with the free hand controller... it would be perfect...

Even the guys who did the gyroscopes Nintendo uses, adapted at least 3 games to showcase for nintendo, they were... Rogue Squadron 2, luigi's mansion and Waverace.

I didn't think the shell controller added any functionallity what so ever to lastgen (GameCube) games. I thought the shell controller is just there for conventional next gen games that don't use the FHC? ::shrug:

Unless I'm missing something here?

I didn't think the shell controller added any functionallity what so ever to lastgen (GameCube) games. I thought the shell controller is just there for conventional next gen games that don't use the FHC? ::shrug:

Unless I'm missing something here?

Gyration demonstrated [Nintendo] how their technologies could "enhance" such titles as Luigi's Mansion, Wave Race, and Rogue Squadron.
Source: http://www.gamecubicle.com/news-nintendo_gyration.htm

the controller seems to be easy to apply even for games who weren't designed to use it, like reasigning the buttons into the FHC... infact... it seems to be possible to apply it to games where Nintendo doesn't even have the source code, like Rogue Squadron (who isn't first party...) It's not the same thing as being developed from the ground up for the controller but would be neat nonetheless.

The way I think about it, the enhancement is made by remapping keys to the revo wand, but not "adding functionality" as such (unless otherwise designed within the game).

The way I think about it, the enhancement is made by remapping keys to the revo wand, but not "adding functionality" as such (unless otherwise designed within the game).
surely, that's what I was trying to say, it's never the same thing as a game made from ground for it, but you could re-asign the c-stick controling the light in luigi's mansion... easily for the freehand controller, of course a diferent scheme could (and should) be made for each game, and surely... there are games who can't even work with the FHC at all.

still it's easy to make and can show the functionality of the controller early on Revolutions life cycle, nintendo shouldn't pass this oportunity, in some GC games we finished we would come back and play them again just for the experience, making one more reason for people to upgrade and play them on Revo. and also enhance the back catalog of games who are able to use it.