N-Europe

Just Dance 2016

Josh64

The latest instalment in the best motion controlled dance game is out now, have any of you guys got it?

The thing I love about this series is that with every game, there's some form of improvement and this is no different, carrying over the elements that made previous games great like the online play and remixed replays of your performances easier and more streamlined than ever.

The visuals have once again been improved and the dances just look fantastic now, genuinely music video levels of quality and put all of those dance DVDs to shame.

Sadly as the motion controlled phenomenon finally comes to a close, Just Dance is clinging on for dear life, and whilst the menus, features and dances ooze with quality, especially for a party game such as this, it's clear that the music budget has been cut dramatically.

There are still plenty of top 40 hits here but it's nothing like back in the early 2010's and a lot of the playlist is filled with gimmicky songs which, whilst these tongue in cheek, silly dances are what this series excels at, seem a bit too high in numbers and take away the fresh feel that previous games have had.

Despite the disappointing track list though, this entry is my favourite by far thanks to Just Dance Unlimited, a new streaming service that lets you stream masses of songs from the past 6 years of Just Dance, some of them with improved backgrounds and visuals. I was very happy to play some of the fun dances from Just Dance 1 with the new streamlined controls and in HD.

As a stand-alone game, I would have been a bit peeved by the new playlist, but Just Dance Unlimited is /really/ awesome for parties and definitely the way forward for the series. I wouldn't be surprised to see a 'Just Dance Unlimited' app eventually replace the yearly games and just get updated with a few new songs every month.

Anyway, despite the disappointing track list this year, it has one of my favourite songs ever. They know how to get me.

Archived