N-Europe

Sniper Elite V2

liger05

http://nintendoeverything.com/111618/sniper-elite-v2-confirmed-for-wii-u/

Looks like this is the real deal. GameStop has pre-orders running online here. Amazon also has a product page running and includes a May 21 release date, which makes much more sense. Both retailers list a $49.99 price point. (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A8305EA/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00A8305EA&linkCode=as2&tag=nintendoeverything-20)

Sniper Elite V2 has long been rumored for Wii U, but publisher 505 Games has never made any official announcements. But now it appears that the nearly year-old shooter will be coming to the console in just a few months.

GameStop casually lists the Wii U version of Sniper Elite V2 in its weekly ad – boxart and all. Consumers can begin pre-ordering the title, which apparently releases on May 24. The only red flag I see is that May 24 is a Friday. In North America, games typically launch earlier in the week.

Perhaps we’ll be hearing something official from 505 Games soon?

Yikes at that $49.99 price.

Edited by Retro_Link

• 3 months later...

Stand back, stand back. Nintendo just unleashed their secret weapon to overshadow the X1 reveal.

Behold, the new Wii U Sniper Elite trailer. Not the same trailer, not the same footage, bitches. (it actually is, just slighly higher quality on HD.)

Textures look quite high res, maybe PC textures again?

Edited by madeinbeats

• 2 weeks later...

I paid around £18 for it at WOW HD UK, but it's gone up a bit there now to £21.59

As I said on Miiverse, the sniping is good mindless fun, but you're right about the other guns, they don't control that well at times, but if you try and be as stealthy as possible in missions, you can avoid using them. It's ridiculous that the online and mulitplayer features have been excluded, and the game plays and feels more like an early PS360 than a 2012/13 title, but if you enjoy a WW2 setting, sniping and just want a cheap thrill for a weekend you could do a lot worse.