N-Europe

Wii U Headsets

Cube

The Turtle Beach ones do, the 3.5mm only ones don't.

However, note that the Turtle Beach ones will likely need plugging into both the Wii U and the GamePad (and possibly both the Wii U's sound and USB).

The fcuk what!?!?!?! :confused:

The Turtle Beach ones above are 3.5mm, aren't they? That's the only connector on them. They must allow in-game sound because they're cans, otherwise you'd hear nothing.

Hang on... I'm just going to check on this!

Really got me wondering now what the deal is. Say I get an Xbox style set and plug them in, will the sound to my TV cut off? Are there options you can set, or can the Wii U detect if it's a simple single ear piece with mic or a full set of cans?

Major confusion.

A look at the Afterglow's - seems to link up to the Wii/U with a USB transmitter with an L&R splitter for sound capture.

I just seen a video of a guy claiming the PDP Headbangers WORK on the Wii U, but I can't find anything official or YT video demos to back it up.

Here's a quote from a PDP rep:

"Afterglow wireless headsets are compatible with Wii U. If the game chat utilizes the USB port of the Wii U console then the AG headset can receive the chat audio wirelessly. If the chat audio is directed through the 3.5mm audio jack on the Wii U pad then user can plug in the provided chat/game audio cable. It depends on how the game / chat audio is designed." - PDP rep

To add, it says here that BLOPS2 ISN'T designed to work with USB wireless (USB wired, who knows!!!)

Well, headsets are a new thing to me and I'm at a bit of a loss here I must say. Seems Nintendo haven't set, at least yet, a system wide standard for voice chat.

Scraping the barrel here by quoting a GameFAQ user, but that's how scant information is. He/she says there's an option within ZombiU to channel the sound to the uPad:

I bought the Rocketfish Headset, and that seems to be working great. Thankfully, ZombiU has a audio option to have all the audio coming from the gamepad..It's only a regular 3.5mm plug, so I think any headphone/headset will work
Edited by madeinbeats