NEurope
cvl

Need for Speed: The Run

I couldn't see any thread for this 3DS game and was wondering what you guys think of the game?

I finally bought it (for a mere 11 euros) and it looks like fun so far. There's the autolog feature where you can compare your times with your friends'. @welsh_gamer is currently the only one from this forum who has the game and is on my friends' list though so if anybody else has the game and wants to compare autologs please feel free to add me.

The only thing I don't like about the game is the use of the stylus during some mini game missions - stupid distraction of an otherwise nice looking game.

It's a decent little racer. Single player is fun, apart from those silly stylus missions you mentioned of course, but once you get used to resting the stylus nearby, they don't seem so annoying. Challenge mode is where I spent most of my time, trying to best my high scores. My main gripe was that every race was a drive from point A to point B 'mission'. Shame there were no courses where you could race laps, Ridge Racer 3D style.

I don't own the game anymore, but it's good to hear that my high scores are still up there on the Autolog. Beaten any of them yet? Tried searching for an online game? I only managed to play 4 or 5 online games, and those only featured 1 other human opponent!

I've only played a few hours so far, so haven't beaten your records yet, but of course we both know it's just a matter of time. :D

Sorry to hear you got rid of the game, I guess the lasting appeal isn't that great?

Looking forward to playing the game some more and share online records with others.

Sorry to hear you got rid of the game, I guess the lasting appeal isn't that great?

Not at all. I played through the campaign twice and as I said above Challenge mode got replayed a lot. Think my Activity Log data for the game is around the 15 hour mark. Got rid as Ridge Racer 3D and Mario Kart 7 have more replay value, and because of the weak online presence.

If anyone's curious, don't be put off, as I did have a lot of fun with the game. It can be picked up for under £10 at several retailers now too.

If NFS: Most Wanted arrives on 3DS later this year, I'll defintley pick it up, and it may become a keeper if people actually play online this time.