NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Stewilo2005

What should I do?

Hi, I currently have a 60GB PS3 with the backwards compatability. I've had it for 2 years this christmas. I'm rather worried about how noisy it's getting as of late. With all these YLOD reports going around it has got me worried. The problem I have is that if it breaks i'll have to fork out £150 to Sony for a refurb which will probably break again after 6 months. So should I sell mine and get a 250GB slim? Tbh the slim looks meh to me, but I don't know if I want to risk my PS3 breaking and paying £150 when I can pay like only £50-60 for a slim. I don't really use the PS2 compatability as I have a PS2. The memory readers do get a little bit of use but that's only because I have a 4GB CF lying around. I just don't know what to do ...

If you don't use the PS2 Functionality at all, Sell it on eBay, and get a Slim. You'll get at least nearly enough money to buy a Slim, if not more than enough, and then just buy a Compact Flash USB reader for ~ £6. Just keep in mind that if you want to stand the Slim Upright, it pretty much needs the overpriced stand, its not stable at all without one.

I think i'll probably end up doing that. I'd never stand the slim up I don't like the look of it standing up, that plus the way my tv cabinet is it has to go horizontal. I really wish I didn't have to but my luck is rotten and I bet mine would die on me. I probably wouldn't use the CF if I got a slim anyway, I just threw it in the 60GB because it was lying around and it was out the way in the PS3.

I've been looking around for good deals on PS3's not many though for the 250GB version. But one I found in Comet looks good, what do you think? I have a 5% voucher and quidco gives 3%. Comet Deal

There are other offers i've seen which i'm unsure on though which seem good also.

Sign in to follow this