NEurope

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Adrian DX

Connection Settings/Proxy configuration manager

Hello, everyone!

I'm wondering if anyone on here knows of a good software to manage, and sort of overrule the windows configuration system for networks.

My problem is that when I'm at school I have to set every single program to connect via the schools proxy. Yes there usually is an "Automatically detect" option, but this often doesn't work.

Also (to give an example) Spotify, connects through the proxy after I've configured it (auto never works), but the Last.fm scrobbling function doesn't work as the Spotify programmers probably forgot to make the Spotify proxy settings work with the Last.fm function of the Spotify.

So a solution I see would be to force every internet connection made by the computer through a desired proxy. And a dream would also be to be able to make a list of settings. One setting I could call "Home", one "School" and maybe a "Xbox 360" one (for sharing internet to my 360 through my computer, changing these settings every time I change networks or internet purposes is also a b**** =P).

If this was too detailed, please do ask me to simplify =)

: peace: