N-Europe

Annoying connection problem Wii

Haden

Hey guys wondering if you could help me out with this.

I have a broadband cable box that NTL gave me when broadband was first installed.

I have a port there that connects to USB that I connect my computer to and an ethernet section that I use for my Wii. When I want to switch between the two I have to turn the device off then switch cables and turn it on again.

This isnt my problem but recently the Wii just hasnt been going online. I have got the 5 something error that means it cant regonise a wired device. When I plug it in the ethernet light does not light up. The U/S bit on my broadband box lights up like once every 8 seconds and the D/S bit stays black.

The Wii ethernet light also lights up every 8 seconds.

It worked suddenly last night after not working in the morning and worked perfectly when I first got it. I am at a loss to why this has happened. Any help will be much appreciated.

Just to update this. It is being a complete pain. I switched everything off switched to ethernet. Put it in and it worked.

Then I switched the wii off via the wiimote not the plug. Turned it back on and it didn't work...

I have no idea what the problem is any help would be superb.

OK dw anyone I got a router and it seems to have sorted it all. Lock this thread.

Archived