NEurope
the lemming

Anybody got a Wii to work on a monitor?

Hello

I just bought a Wii to calibrate my 40th which was last week and I am very happy with it.

Unfortunately my other half loves to watch the Soaps in the evening and tends to get a bit anoyed if she can't get her daily fix of mindless TV. While she's watching telly I can't play on my shiny new toy which leaves me to surf the net on my puter.

Has anybody on here successfully managed to get their Wii to play on a TFT monitor?

If you have could you please explain how you did this?

I have a Samsung 226BW monitor wit DVI and VGA connections.

I'm guessing that I will have better luck with the analog VGA connection.

Cheers

I bought a Mayflash Wii/PS3 VGA cable a while back from Play Asia. It also comes with a cable to route the audio to headphones if you want. The only problem with it is every once and a while the screen will go black for a second, but this isn't really a big deal. I fully recommend the cable.

here:

I was looking at that site earlier today as well.

Do you have one of these cables and does it work well with a monitor?

Cheers

what is it with women and soap opera? I just don't get it. I could almost understand watching one soap, being loyal to it, but christ, how many do they need- hollyoaks, emmadale, eastenders, coronation street, home and away, neighbours.

Thats 3 hours a night.

Do you have one of these cables and does it work well with a monitor?

Cheers

I don't have one.

This said the cable works well, but be warned of two things, depending on the LCD monitor you plug it into, it might look worse than in a television because PC LCD's usually have bad upscale; also... bare in mind that the VGA cable only displays progressive scan signal, thus, 480i VC games and GC games won't show image, unless you force them to.

that's the only "real" shortcoming of the product.

what is it with women and soap opera? I just don't get it. I could almost understand watching one soap, being loyal to it, but christ, how many do they need- hollyoaks, emmadale, eastenders, coronation street, home and away, neighbours.

Thats 3 hours a night.

My dad's the same lol. :indeed:

Welcome to the forums the lemming. I'm sure you'll find N-E to house a friendly, helpful and generally fab bunch of people :)

I don't have one.

This said the cable works well, but be warned of two things, depending on the LCD monitor you plug it into, it might look worse than in a television because PC LCD's usually have bad upscale; also... bare in mind that the VGA cable only displays progressive scan signal, thus, 480i VC games and GC games won't show image, unless you force them to.

If the monitor has 1:1 pixel mapping it can look good too.

If the monitor has 1:1 pixel mapping it can look good too.
Do you have EDTV 853x480 LCD monitors at home?

Yeah, those can look awesome, although being small is a requirement given the dot pitch for something like that.

I don't have one.

I think all VC games do 480p. I've never had a problem playing them through my VGA cable.