N-Europe

Have Nintendo changed their ways?

ssj

It always has.

Thing is that in the 90's there really wasn't a euro worth talking about, and the dollar was worth a lot back in those days (today a dollar costs about 6 krona, while when Clinton left the presidential post it was somewhere over 10 krona, and the euro's somewhere under 10 krona today).

Things are added and removed from games all the time. It's a huge part of the development process, you don't know 99% of the things that are added and removed or why,

No, and I don't care if it's a game that is designed and released for one console.

of course shield control was removed because of Wii controls. The pacing? Who knows? Does it make that big of a difference?

If I recally correctly, the issue of the pacing is in the "Iwata Asks" interviews.

Yes, it matters. It's the principle. The fact is that with a dual-release, we got a game that was perfect neither for Wii nor GameCube.

The removal of the shield control could have led to the removal of all sorts of other things. Given the conspicuous gap, I'd be surprised if the Mirror Shield hadn't been taken out.

As for the pacing, it made a huge difference in terms of how fast it was to get into the game. Compare it to the immediacy of Link to the Past, for instance. Zelda fans will have persevered; others may have been given a bad impression and given up.

There's also the fact the Wii has no C-stick. With this in mind, all areas had to be designed assuming the player had no control over the camera. Therefore, we get forced overhead views like in Castle Town.

None of these things would matter if it had only come out on GameCube and the designers had genuinely thought it would improve the game. The problem is that the Wii lessened what could have been a better game.

Again, a matter of priorities, what the game won with Wii controls and the extra polish they gave it during the delay, it made it worth it for me. Who's to say enemies and obstacles that need accuracy with the bow and arrow were there before hand for example? Using the bow was such a gargantuan improvement over any game, I don't know why people tend to ignore it.

And areas didn't have to be redesigned, the game was shown the same before the Wii version and it had full camera control asides from the castle town. A good camera is a camera you don't have to mess with. What you think lessened a game, other might think it improved.

No, and I don't care if it's a game that is designed and released for one console.

This seems to me like making a problem out of something that wouldn't be a problem if you were kept in the dark. i.e, if everything was exactly the same but it was never supposed to come out on GC. Doesn't really matter though, not the topic of dicussion, there's a Zelda discussion nearby lol