N-Europe

Reason Vs Logic Pro

Falcon_BlizZACK

I just started working as a sound engineer and to tell you the truth more studios use logic for recording music and midi stuff, but they also use reason as a vst plug-in for processing and effects.

just use logic u can do way way more on it than u can even imagine. Just remember logic only works on macs and u need an audio interface for all your instruments and mics

Reason is totally contained, meaning you can't load VST's in it, it's main purpose is more for live environments then actual music creating.

Saying that though, it all depends on what kind of music you'll be creating... if you're recording go for Logic or Protools, but if you're making electronic I'd say Fruity Loops as software for beginners.

EDIT: Oops, misread your post. Use Logic and load Reason as a vst if needed (using ReWire), if you're just gonna plug an instrument in use Logic and don't bother with reason.

You can't use FruityLoops on macs unless you got bootcamp or something. He says he wants to plug in and play instruments too, so Logic is no doubt the best for that.

He uses boot-camp.

I'd say Logic because you know it will work well on your mac. Do you need logic Studio or just Express. If your not doing it professionally you may want to think about just getting express.