N-Europe

Nintendo Wi-Fi Adaptor

kcl91

hey guys,

I have a question, I not very good with computers so please excuse me if this question seems dumb.

Nintendo have stated that you need a broadband connection to use the adaptor. At home I have broadband (ie. can use the phone at the same time as the internet) but when I open AOL and it says sign on and when i do phone calls can be made. So could I use the Nintendo Wi-Fi adaptor or not since I won't always be connected to the internet?

Thanx in advance Kcl91

Guest Offerman
hey guys,

I have a question, I not very good with computers so please excuse me if this question seems dumb.

Nintendo have stated that you need a broadband connection to use the adaptor. At home I have broadband (ie. can use the phone at the same time as the internet) but when I open AOL and it says sign on and when i do phone calls can be made. So could I use the Nintendo Wi-Fi adaptor or not since I won't always be connected to the internet?

Thanx in advance Kcl91

Yea. Its still classed as an always on connection. The term always on, is in my opinion very stupid. ADSL still has to be dialed up. I use the term dialed up loosely, because all your going above is getting your modem to connect to the DSLAM on the exchange. Its not calling up a number, its basically your modem and the exchange are two computers and they are linked via say an ethernet cable.

If you chucked away your modem and replaced it with a router then you would not have to sign on. The router handles all that automatically and then the connection to the DSLAM will truly always be there.

You can use your Nintendo thing with your current setup but it wouldnt be easy, and as your going through AOL I wouldnt even in my wildest dreams think of trying it.

Your best bet is to get a router instead, a wireless router so that way you can use your Nintendo thing with your PC off.