N-Europe

URGENT HELP NEEDED - HP PSC 1317 scanning issue

CoolFunkMan

A few weeks back, I thought my printer was messing up, so I attempted to uninstall the printer. However, I kept getting an error, and it wouldn't uninstall. So, after many failed attempts, I just reinstalled it again anyway, and it printed fine.

Yesterday, however, I went to scan for the first time in a while, and photoshop came up with an error saying that it couldn't find the TWAIN drivers. I had managed to use the photocopy function perfectly fine prior to this. So I tried to install my printer again from the CD, and it took ages (it was on stage 7/8 I think.) I thought it had crashed, so I restarted. I've tried to reinstall it again, and it went through the "device found, waiting for setup to complete" (7/8) stage again, but this time I left it and it failed on me, saying "the device could not be found." It was plugged in. I also used revo uninstaller to manually get rid of the files, and then tried installing again, still the same issue occurs

My printer is a HP psc 1317. I have uni projects that need doing asap, and I really don't have time to mess around with tech issues. If someone can help, then thanks in advance...

[uPDATE] Ok, I managed to borrow my parent's scanner, and that works fine, so I have a quick fix solution atm. Although, If anyone could help me with my current issue, I'd be very grateful...

Archived