N-Europe

Audacity - Not working

Ramar

Simple enough its not recording my sound output. I use to run it on my old pc no problems. I want to record a few sound clips off videos online, and I can't seem to get the bugger to work. I've got my sound output going to my Sennheiser USB headset, so I set it to that in the preferences and it records nothing. Anyone who uses Audacity who could give me any help, it would be much appreciated.

So it's easier to use the soundchip for this. Set the playback device on audacity to the soundchip's output option and the recording to the input option. Then select "stereo mix", "wave" or "what u hear" as the recording source on windows. It can be set from control panel->audio and sound devices? (I can't remember what it's called on english os) On on of the tabs there's the default sound devices, select the onboard one (for both, playback and recording) and click the volume button below the recording device box. If there isn't any of those three options click the menu on the upper-left corner select the first option and tick all the possible boxes. There should be "wave" or "stereo mix" there.

Then just close that window, press ok and start audacity.

Then hit record and play the video you want the sound off from. Sorry if this seems a bit complicated.