NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Adrian DX

Firewire port installation help

Hi everyone!

I have a small problem with installing my firewire port (built in on top of my case) to my mainboard.

The case is called CS-A+380 Twin Engine (1/2)

And the mainboard I'm using is a Albatron PX865PE PRO II (pic)

Now... the problem is that the firewire port (and USB ports) are connected to the USB/1394(?) pins on the mainboard. I've successfully connected the two USB ports, but the firewire one is alot more tricky. Now I think the firewire should be connected to the "1394" pins, if this is wrong, please let me know :heh:

The thing thats confusing me is that the mainboard "map" has different names for the pins than the cords from the firewire port. This is what the 1394 pins are called according to the mainboard "map":

1 - TPAP

2 - TPAM

3 - Ground

4 - Ground

5 - TPBP

6 - TPBP

7 - NC

8 - Chassis GND

9 - PWR

10 - PWR

and these are the names written on the cords:

TPA +

TPA -

TPB +

TPB -

Ground

VP

VG

I've connected the TPA + and TPA - to TPAP and TPAM (P= plus and M= minus?), the TPB + and TPB - to TPBP and TPBM and the ground to 1/2 ground pins but I can't figure out where to connect the "VP" and "VG" ones.

If anyone has any experience with this, pleeeaase help, much appreciated. ^^,

I believe it should be, make note of the grounds:

Cord = Motehrboard

Vp = power (Either one)

Vg = chassis ground

ground = Ground (Either one)

So I finally switched off my computer for some downtime again this morning and tried connecting the pins, and luckily, my external 300 GB HD did not start burning or make weird noises, but when I plug it in when windows has booted, I hear the regular "new hardware connected" sound, but nothing else happens. I have no clue whats wrong.. everything connected as I wrote in the first post and I connected VP to power (pin 10) and VG to chassis ground (pin 8).

And if its any help to anyone willing to help (:heh:) heres the mapping for 1394 on my mainboard:

PX865PE%20Pro%20II%20Mainboard%201934.JPG

Also thanks for the help you've already contributed with, =NukeBlaze= ^^,

Sign in to follow this