NEurope

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rob3008

Nexomon Extinction

Apologies if there's already a thread here but the search results couldn't find any.

Is anyone else playing Nexomon Extinction? I picked it up for Switch and cannot recommend it enough if you're looking for a 2D Pokémon-style game.

It starts out a little bit difficult (the battles are tough) and can occasionally be a little grindy but the game world and lore is superb and absolutely bursting with content. There is so much detail put into the exploration of the world as you unlock new powers e.g. the ability to freeze water, and NPCs to the point where NPC dialogue changes on nearly every single character after major in-game events.

I'm not usually a fan of 2D games but the world is gorgeous and colourful with a terrific soundtrack to boot. The character dialogue is also on point and occasionally breaks the fourth wall taking the piss out of itself. It's one of the few times I've genuinely laughed playing a video game.

There's a patch out this week (which is already available for other consoles but Nintendo being Nintendo they take longer to approve patches) with some great QOL improvements, such as more healing points and an EXP share option. I'm about 30 hours in and still not finished the main story. Considering it retails for about £20 it's well worth checking out if you like this sort of genre.