Yeah, the unskippable news update is still the absolute worst thing about the original Splatoon and Splatoon 2. No idea why they won't enable an option for people to skip it, makes no sense at all. Anyway, I finished up Octo Expansion 100% yesterday, so all true Mem cakes obtained and the additional final boss defeated!

That boss fight is certainly up there as one of the most challenging things Nintendo has ever created! I see there's been quite a lot of complaining about it online, seems some people really don't like the difficulty of it. Personally, I found it to be hilarious. There's no doubt it is incredibly tough and the odds are very much stacked against the player, but that makes it all the more enjoyable I reckon. Not to mention super satisfying when you finally beat it. Plus, at the end of the day it's an optional boss fight for those that fully complete the rest of the DLC, so yeah, it should be hard, that's basically the whole point. For anyone that wants to know what it is and why it's so difficult, click below. Despite the difficulty, I eventually managed to win. It took a lot of attempts, but (for me at least) it was always fun. Here's what you get, BTW: Any plans for post-MKLeague Splatoon tomorrow night? If so, I'm in! Although League Battle should probably be avoided at the moment, apparently there's an issue where people using hacked Switch systems can force anyone into matches on unreleased stages. Not sure if that could result in bans for legit players, but would rather not risk it, just in case. 
    • Thanks