NEurope
darthbane2k

The european Wii launch is looking to be a MESS

HOW is that instance related to him wanting an official source? Now you're just slapping yourself again.

Here we go, defend the almighty Nintendork again..

The instance is the same because when I said I had official word that the official Wii launch would be held in HMV Oxford St at midnight, Nintendork basicly accused me of talking bullshit and insisted that it was to be in Birmingham and Edinbrough. He continued to attempt to belittle me and flame me, and I challenged to call CAKE media (Nintendos PR people) and even gave him a contact name (Stephanie) and telephone number (02073073100) Unsurprisingly, he declined to do so.

As for the shortages of wii software. There is no official statement per se, just ask many of the retailers and they will confirm what titles will be in short supply. Like I said, theres nothing to panic about regarding zelda (although it will be limited, if not due to its inevitable popularity), its Wiiplay that will be hard to get.

1) The RGB cable wont fit in your Wii - different plug

2) The Official Wii RGB Scart cable has also been delayed along with the component cable.

Looks like its Composite for all.

With an added addition that i got a scart block that the composite cables slot into i.e. it's a scart plug with three pin slots for the composite cables to plug into. It's pretty handy for getting a better picture out of composite cables. Plus, it supports 60 Htz games like MP2 and displays them with a crisp picture

NO it's not like you said?

You SAID there were going to be shortages of nearly everything.

Now you have come to terms with the fact that Wii Play will be in short demand because there is money to be made in the normal controller.

That's business, not supply and demand.

If people have the choice of having no multiplayer, or buying a standalone £30 Wiimote they will choose the latter.

The instance is the same because when I said I had official word that the official Wii launch would be held in HMV Oxford St at midnight, Nintendork basicly accused me of talking bullshit and insisted that it was to be in Birmingham and Edinbrough. He continued to attempt to belittle me and flame me, and I challenged to call CAKE media (Nintendos PR people) and even gave him a contact name (Stephanie) and telephone number (02073073100) Unsurprisingly, he declined to do so.

Yes, but how was that situation related to this one? Just because he refused to pay money to call someone for your point to be proven (in which case it would've been better, like I suggested, to send an email and paste the reply here, as it's rather hard to paste a phone conversation), does that mean you are not expected to prove any future points you come with? No. It has absolutely no relation and bringing it up is simply childish. Just shows you have nothing more to come with, and you're using this unrelated situation as a last resort.

With an added addition that i got a scart block that the composite cables slot into i.e. it's a scart plug with three pin slots for the composite cables to plug into.

Yes that would work.

However it would sill only output a composite signal. It would not be true RGB scart.

If you really want a Component Cable guys, go to play-asia! There 'preparing my order' now and haven't said anything about shortages or it will be in strict supply! They may have some left, hopefully it will work with the UK Wii!

Hopefully that will make a few people with HDTV'S a little happier, including myself. :hehe:

Fingers Crossed it works!

If you really want a Component Cable guys, go to play-asia! There 'preparing my order' now and haven't said anything about shortages or it will be in strict supply! They may have some left, hopefully it will work with the UK Wii!

Hopefully that will make a few people with HDTV'S a little happier, including myself. :hehe:

Fingers Crossed it works!

Yep - I did this yesterday. Owen, what type of shipping did you go for?

Yep - I did this yesterday. Owen, what type of shipping did you go for?

UPS! I think it may be just a tad too late for Airmail, although people will probably get them before the 8th knowing my luck!

UPS have never let me down, are extremely quick and the total comes to £27, which is just a fiver over what i was going to pay with Gameplay and i'll know i get it for launch day! Not bad. Better then paying the prices Ebay sellers are going to let them go for believe me......last time i checked one was going for a whopping $150! :woops:

EDIT: Just found out, that 'preparing order' doesn't mean your order has been successful! argh! Keep those fingers crossed!

Yes that would work.

However it would sill only output a composite signal. It would not be true RGB scart.

I did a test, it outputs a signal which is better than the composite signal, but not as good as the RGB signal. I don't use it for the GC, as i got a RGB for that but for the Wii, i will use it until an RGB becomes available.

I did a test, it outputs a signal which is better than the composite signal, but not as good as the RGB signal. I don't use it for the GC, as i got a RGB for that but for the Wii, i will use it until an RGB becomes available.

Well the signal is still only going to be composite, so im unsure as to why it seems better.

Your RGB Scart cable for the gamecube wont work on the wii - different plug im afraid.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124847&page=34

for proof that Nintendo have diverted OUR European component cables to the USA.

All wii accessory packaging in America is usually in plastic blister packs. Now Nintendo of America have proudly announced that they are now fulfilling all back orders for the cables. Some US Wii owners have recieved their cables in the EUROPEAN CARDBOARD PACKAGING complete with alternate language text on the box. It is clear that these were the cables that was supposed to be on sale next Friday.

Nope your wrong... just look at the Nintendo Official Seal of Quality

WiiComponentCables.jpg

Its the American version and if that was a European box it would have this one on it

110px-Original_Nintendo_Seal_of_Quality_(European)_(Custom).JPG

Well the yanks on Neogaf are stating that this isnt the usual packaging. Either way, we aint getting cables on 8th december. Im pissed about this and have had to use a costly import option (via playasia) with UPS delivery

WiiComponentCables.jpg

Its the American version and if that was a European box it would have this one on it

I didn't think thats was what the euro box looked like...

I didn't think thats was what the euro box looked like...

Well thats what the Euro box will look like but that one is and never was intended for Europe.

How could you make this post without shouting "OBJECTION!"?

:horse:

How could you make this post without shouting "OBJECTION!"?

:horse:

Ahhh crap that was a great opportunity that i missed there :(

Next time im gonna shout it out loud!

but that one is and never was intended for Europe.
Unless they just re-boxed the Euro cables. :wink:

Anyway, the component cable is still showing up on my Gameplay order with a dispatch estimate of 6 - 7th of December so I'm just going to wait and see what happens.

LMAO what test did you do? and did you have your eyes open at the time?

the signal when you plug a scart adaptor into the composite out is still the same composite signal....

when you have a true rgb out it's totally different. it's not the scart socket itself that makes a difference

Play.com are now cancelling preorders for component cables.

Both Component and RGB cables have been removed from the play.com site.

I sent an email to Amazon regarding my RGB Wii cable. They said it is still scheduled for release on the 8th. Surely they'd no by now if anything had changed, unless Nintendo haven't told them.

I sent an email to Amazon regarding my RGB Wii cable. They said it is still scheduled for release on the 8th. Surely they'd no by now if anything had changed, unless Nintendo haven't told them.

Like i said ... a few pages back... i sent an Email to NOE asking if there was a delay and they replyed and basicly said.. no, and it appears they where telling the truth.

I would use the yellow, red and white pins without problem.

However, i had a 26" Samsung and i played Zelda: WW on it using this cable, and all sqaures appeared on the screen when i moved the camera.

I now own a 37" Toshiba (Samsung sadly broke) and now it's going to be worse!

Of course...at least the console isn't delayed (or is that the next thing....) :indeed::)

Does anyone know what we can do to make the picture quality a little better....JUST INCASE the cables are delayed?

Thanks in advance!

Overall though, i'm slightly peeved but not to bothered, i want my god damn wii!

Why didnt you just get a Samsung under the years warrenty?