NEurope
darthbane2k

The european Wii launch is looking to be a MESS

Right, so because the necessity of component cables doesnt affect Yoshiking, it ISNT a problem right?

And no the absence of component cables alone doesnt mess up the launch, but the other factors do

1) The delay of RGB Scart cables

2) The fact that ALL component cables intended for the european launch were diverted to america

3) The fact that retailers are reporting shortages of Zelda, and SEVERE shortages of Wiiplay

4) The fact that extra nunchucks will be severly limited

5) The fact that retailers have been told to expect a shortage of wii that does not meet their initial expectation of allocations

Granted, these things do not RUIN the launch of wii, but they surely MESS things up.

Wait a second, when was it even stated that all component cables were diverted to america. YOu're completely guessing and moaning on that unfounded guess

As for the other factors, they aren't helpful I'll admit. However, as long as there is a new console and a new Zelda launching with it (let's face it, most people who want this game will get ahold of it), this will be one of the greatest launches ever. The 360 had far bigger problems than this, and so has the PS3 already (being delayed by a bitch long time), and that's bound to have even more shortages.

As for me not being affected by it, that's not entirely true. I too am hoping to get ahold of RBG cables. Also, if this would affect me (if I had a HDTV), I would still claim you to be blowing things up. It's a minor problem, not the devastating problem you make it out to be.

EDIT: To be fair, it is likely that the demand of component in America is the reason for the delay in Europe, seeing as there are component cable shortages in America. I think that's a pretty justified statement, and I actually believe a Nintendo rep stated it as a fact at some point. Not sure though.

Did no-one read the reply i got from Nintendo about the Componant cable situation on the last page..??

oh well...

I read it. :heh:

But I chose to disregard it for now seeing as we've also heard from Nintendo that they are delayed. We'll just have to wait and see.

Nintendo are good at contradicting themselves, that's for sure. If there's anything bad about this launch it's the lack of clarity from Nintendo as a whole.

Wait a second, when was it even stated that all component cables were diverted to america. YOu're completely guessing and moaning on that unfounded guess

Whatever makes you feel better...

But for those of us who like to face REALITY, no it ISNT an unfounded guess. Its a confirmed fact. Thats why all of OUR component cables originally bound for europe on 8th December wont mysteriously be available under 22nd December.

Check any other nintendo forum, avforums or thedvdforums.co.uk. Or for extra verification, do what I did - ring Nintendo UK and ask them directly.

Noone other than you is gonna call anyone. It's a pretty silly and unnecessary thing to do, if you ask me..

Anyway, are you surprised? Of course NTSC areas will get PAL cables if they're short. It's pretty obvious, they're always prioritised. If you haven't learned to live with this yet you can't have been a gamer for long..

I read it. :heh:

But I chose to disregard it for now seeing as we've also heard from Nintendo that they are delayed. We'll just have to wait and see.

Nintendo are good at contradicting themselves, that's for sure. If there's anything bad about this launch it's the lack of clarity from Nintendo as a whole.

So someone did read it!

Yeah i dont completely believe anything they say anyway... like you said they like to contadict themselfs.

Noone other than you is gonna call anyone. It's a pretty silly and unnecessary thing to do, if you ask me..

Anyway, are you surprised? Of course NTSC areas will get PAL cables if they're short. It's pretty obvious, they're always prioritised. If you haven't learned to live with this yet you can't have been a gamer for long..

A silly thing to do? Why? It clears up rumour and innuendo -and backs up claims with FACT and EVIDENCE, official verification from an OFFICIAL source.

Because sending an email is quite much better.

You are clearly winding me up, right?

Emails are largely ignored, and when a response is recieved, its usually vague.

I've never heard of an email being ignored by Nintendo; they are rather excellent at replying to their emails. Whether or not they're vague, depends on the situation. I've never had a problem with it, anyway.

Right, so because the necessity of component cables doesnt affect Yoshiking, it ISNT a problem right?

And no the absence of component cables alone doesnt mess up the launch, but the other factors do

1) The delay of RGB Scart cables

2) The fact that ALL component cables intended for the european launch were diverted to america

3) The fact that retailers are reporting shortages of Zelda, and SEVERE shortages of Wiiplay

4) The fact that extra nunchucks will be severly limited

5) The fact that retailers have been told to expect a shortage of wii that does not meet their initial expectation of allocations

Granted, these things do not RUIN the launch of wii, but they surely MESS things up.

So what would you prefer... this launch, or having it delayed till March just so a few people can get their hands on a component/RGB cable?

If you said the latter then you clearly have something wrong in the head, if you said the former then shut the hell up it could be a lot worse (PS3 anyone)!

Shortages of Zelda, component cables, wiimotes, nunchunks and consoles. We are DOOMED>

I've been using RGB scart cables since the N64 days, and have been using the same cable when i got a Cube. So when i get a Wii, i'll be using the cable with the Wii.

I've got a portable TV in my room, which displays the picture on-screen brilliantly. As and when i get a HD-TV, i'll get the component cables. I was reading somewhere that composite cables provide an ok picture, RGB provide a great picture and the componant cables provide the best picture possible for the Wii.

So what would you prefer... this launch, or having it delayed till March just so a few people can get their hands on a component/RGB cable?

If you said the latter then you clearly have something wrong in the head, if you said the former then shut the hell up it could be a lot worse (PS3 anyone)!

Right, so because I want the Wii to be released this side of christmas, I must accept playing it with a truly awful picture and playing Zelda even though most of the text will be illegable.

The fact of the matter is that RGB cables and Component cables are reasonably simplistic to manufacture. Nintendo should have been better prepared.

If Im going to have the whole family around the large TV at christmas time, I dont want them to be squinting at the screen.

And forget about trying to use the Opera Browser via composite!

I want a quote on shortages of Zelda, Wiimotes, nunchucks and consoles from a UK retailer expressing concern over the lack thereof.

If America can have a copy of Zelda for every Wii on the shelves, then Europe can do too. So stop fucking exagerating.

Everyone is unorganised, from Japanese factories, Nintendo HQ to retailers.

YOU FUNKING FIND A QUOTE. You little bitches, there blatantly won't be a shortage of Zelda.

Also the idea that retailers are expecting more units than they can produce is stupid, it's an easy system to make. Nintendo will no doubt have 6 million shipped by March 07 like they estimate.

Darthbane if you're that freaking bothered just DON'T PLAY ZELDA THEN YOU FREAKING WHINGEBAG

I've been using RGB scart cables since the N64 days, and have been using the same cable when i got a Cube. So when i get a Wii, i'll be using the cable with the Wii.

I've got a portable TV in my room, which displays the picture on-screen brilliantly. As and when i get a HD-TV, i'll get the component cables. I was reading somewhere that composite cables provide an ok picture, RGB provide a great picture and the componant cables provide the best picture possible for the Wii.

1) The RGB cable wont fit in your Wii - different plug

2) The Official Wii RGB Scart cable has also been delayed along with the component cable.

Looks like its Composite for all.

I've never heard of an email being ignored by Nintendo; they are rather excellent at replying to their emails. Whether or not they're vague, depends on the situation. I've never had a problem with it, anyway.

well I have written twice asking why my very large store only get 2 to 3 wii's on launch... no reply..

but ok.. they are probably up to their ears in mails with that type of question

The Opera browser isn't out until around christmas anyway. Maybe even later. And also, the way the Opera browser looks to be built, I don't think it'll be a huge problem. Also, let's see you manufacture the amount of consoles, games, controllers and cables to fit the demand. It's not like they haven't manufactured a bitch load already, it's just that the demand is insane.

I want a quote on shortages of Zelda, Wiimotes, nunchucks and consoles from a UK retailer expressing concern over the lack thereof.

If America can have a copy of Zelda for every Wii on the shelves, then Europe can do too. So stop fucking exagerating.

Everyone is unorganised, from Japanese factories, Nintendo HQ to retailers.

YOU FUNKING FIND A QUOTE. You little bitches, there blatantly won't be a shortage of Zelda.

Also the idea that retailers are expecting more units than they can produce is stupid, it's an easy system to make. Nintendo will no doubt have 6 million shipped by March 07 like they estimate.

Darthbane if you're that freaking bothered just DON'T PLAY ZELDA THEN YOU FREAKING WHINGEBAG

Calm down junior..

Im sure Zelda will be obtainable. It WILL be in limited supply at launch according to retailers, but I assume that means there wont be 1:1 copies of zelda per wii system available. It was the same in the USA. But im sure with a little effort, you will find it easily.

Its Wiiplay that is severly limitied. Im disappointed about that.

And no, although I will buy zelda, I REFUSE to play it in composite.

Calm down junior..

Im sure Zelda will be obtainable. It WILL be in limited supply at launch according to retailers, but I assume that means there wont be 1:1 copies of zelda per wii system available. It was the same in the USA. But im sure with a little effort, you will find it easily.

Its Wiiplay that is severly limitied. Im disappointed about that.

And no, although I will buy zelda, I REFUSE to play it in composite.

This is, by far, the only post I've seen from you so far that I can actually completely understand and agree with, and best of all, respect.

I hope you'll consider presenting your arguments and views this way rather than your previous, well, overreactings and shoutings and whatnot. I salute you if so. :wink:

(just as long as you realize that you refusing to play Zelda is your problem and decision; and having made this decision you have no more right to whine about it)

I want a quote on shortages of Zelda, Wiimotes, nunchucks and consoles from a UK retailer expressing concern over the lack thereof.[/size]

I dont have to answer to your pathetic demands just as you didnt have the balls to call CAKE media to confirm that Oxford St HMV would host the official Wii launch.

But, accessories seem to be in short supply world wide

http://www.playwii.com/?p=98&sid=cea0e8841ca078a3941c094018577884

http://digg.com/gaming_news/Wii_mote_Nun_chuk_Shortages

I dont have to answer to your pathetic demands just as you didnt have the balls to call CAKE media to confirm that Oxford St HMV would host the official Wii launch.

HOW is that instance related to him wanting an official source? Now you're just slapping yourself again.

Zelda is obtainable in America, delve beneath the 3rd page on Froogle and you can find abundant copies for $50-60.

Wii Play is going to be limited because it's effectively a promotion.. they want you to buy the full price controller.

There will be some people who buy 3 copies of Wii Play and put 2 of the discs on eBay straight away.

Zelda had a 75% attachment rate in the first week, all the major retailers have sold out but the smaller ones still have it available.. which suggests that there was 80-90% Zelda available for Wii.

With the EU launch being 3 weeks after the US one, I see no legitimate reason why there should being unreasonable shortages of anything other than Wii Play.

Find a quote or you are looking quite the fool running around saying retailers expect shortages. You're hype mongering and it doesn't wash.

ATM retailers are only dealing in pre-orders, they will have their extra stock confirmed much closer once pre-orders have been organised.