NEurope
darthbane2k

The european Wii launch is looking to be a MESS

So, it's different for different HDTVS?

Hopefully it will look alright on mine! :grin:

Still keeping my component cable on preorder though. Fingers Crossed Gameplay get some!

I hope they do,be annoying if your waiting for one.

Well done cube_game,though wonder if Nintendo will even know,be better to e-mail Ubisoft.

So, it's different for different HDTVS?

Hopefully it will look alright on mine! :grin:

Still keeping my component cable on preorder though. Fingers Crossed Gameplay get some!

Wind Waker on my tv using Composite

tv-nonflash.jpg

LOOKS GOOD. Its running in game mode and I did have to toggle the settings a little bit for sharpness and colour but all games look ace on it

I'll still be content on launch day if Gameplay cant get me a Component Cable for then, but I do hope they do...I dont want good...I want awesome :p

It does look very good! and your 100% sure when you move the camera in Wind Waker you don't see blue squares on the screen?

I'll toggle my settings and keep my fingers crossed, lol. :D

Hurray, another topic where darthbane2k bitches and moans for no good reason.

Anyway, if you're so damned picky, isn't it just possible to import the cables?

I dont get anything like that. The only game I have a problem with is Spiderman 2. When the action gets in to it, the models look distorted...but other than that

Mines a Samsung LE40N73BDX if thats any help

they're needed in America right now and we're second to America.

We are third, hear of a a little region which Nintendo inhabit called "Japan". Will it be that much of a problem though? I bought a HDTV for my 360 and I love the difference but a short-term HD-less Wii wont ruin any impressions that I will have of it when I finaly get it on December 8th

We are third, hear of a a little region which Nintendo inhabit called "Japan". Will it be that much of a problem though? I bought a HDTV for my 360 and I love the difference but a short-term HD-less Wii wont ruin any impressions that I will have of it when I finaly get it on December 8th

JApan isnt really big on Component so its not that much of an issue

JApan isnt really big on Component so its not that much of an issue

ah! So are these cables Region Free?

May be a good idea to import and there slightly cheaper in the process!

I am unsure, I believe they are but don't quote me on that

Don't care about the Nintendo cables really ...I want a third party one which can be connected to your surround system (Ninty's Cube RGB cable didn't have that A/V thingamabob). Anyone know if those are gonna get released at launch?

:laughing: of course they are! Where do you think most TV's are made! Compontent is component!

:laughing: of course they are! Where do you think most TV's are made! Compontent is component!

Scart only got on here in Europe, and I thought American televisions just don't have SCART. So, TV's aren't thàt Region-free...

That would suck, but it's not a disaster really.

Too little Wiis, now that's a disaster.

That would suck, but it's not a disaster really.

Too little Wiis, now that's a disaster.

So true. The launch isn't a entire mess because the cables have been delayed by 1 and 2 weeks.

The Wii being delayed in Europe just before release would be a total mess and a reason to get annoyed about!

well they HAVE ruined it for me.. the shop where i preordered have just informed me that I will not get a Wii with the first shipment the 8 dec.. AND IM FUCKING NR 1 IN THE LINE!!!!!

So are they sending my shop 1/2 Wii... and the rest of it later??

Well people often say that Nintendo screw europe.. try living in Scandinavia with fucking Bergsala... then you will feel screwed by a frigging fregiht train!

I don't know when I will get it now.. or if I even bother... seriously considering a 360 with Gears of war instead.. im just so dissapointed right now

Ill get the component cable when i can, Its no big deal really. At least we're getting it in stores.

I'm going to pick up an RGB cable when I see one in a games shop, as I can live with a Composite cable for a while.

I am generally shocked that so many of you are not that bothered with the lack of RGB scart and component cables at launch.

Maybe its just me who is is disappointed.

Composite is still ugly as sin though, especially on a large TV

Hurray, another topic where darthbane2k bitches and moans for no good reason.

Anyway, if you're so damned picky, isn't it just possible to import the cables?

yawn didn't even need to read any of the threads, just the title and the thread starter did it for me.

couldn't agree with you any more yoshiking...

So cos there aren't composite cables at launch, and people will have to put up with an SD picture for less than a month, OMG its gonna be a DISASTER! ARGH! If your that bothered about HD go buy a 360! in fact go abandon the Wii completely and go out and buy yourself a 360 now...

and I don't think stores do have significantly reduced stock levels, just that demand is higher than expected and I think retailers over estimated how many they would be getting at launch when the real figures would be how many they'd be getting by xmas.

well not the end of the world if you really need componet cables just order them from north america (or are the cables region coded too)

I was always going to use composite anyway. It so much easier for me to plug in composite at the side of my TV rather than changing scart leads at the back of my TV everytime I want to watch a DVD/play a console.

yawn didn't even need to read any of the threads, just the title and the thread starter did it for me.

couldn't agree with you any more yoshiking...

So cos there aren't composite cables at launch, and people will have to put up with an SD picture for less than a month, OMG its gonna be a DISASTER! ARGH! If your that bothered about HD go buy a 360! in fact go abandon the Wii completely and go out and buy yourself a 360 now...

and I don't think stores do have significantly reduced stock levels, just that demand is higher than expected and I think retailers over estimated how many they would be getting at launch when the real figures would be how many they'd be getting by xmas.

This is not about HD at all,

Without flaming me, please try this test

try to test a SD signal on an HDTV without component progressive scan.

The result is a blurrry soft image that is WORSE than SD going through a SD TV.

Please check the facts before attempting to flame me or kiss the arsehole of people such as Yoshiking

This is not an overreaction - this is now a confirmed fact.

Wii component cables and RGB scart cables have been delayed in europe until 22nd december.

that means you will HAVE to find one in stores if you want to play wii at the best picture quality before christmas. Any online order despatched on 22nd december WILL NOT reach you for christmas.

You can flame me all you want flameboy, but its obvious you are not someone who cares about picture quality and colour depth. this isnt a case of HD vs SD at all - only ignorant people will assume that.

Playing a game such as Zelda through composite cables (especially on a HDTV) will be an awlful, trying experience.

If you have a funking HD TV count yourselves lucky you ungrateful shits. (assuming you didn't work really hard to buy it yourself)

You'll get your component cable in a few weeks.

Live with composite, or play on a different TV.