NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
triforcemario

Doctor Who - The Runaway Bride scene leaked...

Looks good, but I sodding hate Cathriene Tate. Too many nerds jacking off at the preview too. Cleaners going to have a hell of a job.

That was just plain stupid.

Why do you even bother opening these threads? You hate the new Doctor Who, so just whine about it elsewhere.

Now, that looks great. Finally, something to look forward to on the 25th December..

Can always rely on rokhed to come and bitch about new Doctor Who, even when there's nothing to bitch about. This was a fantastic clip, still not convinced about Catherine Tate, but can't wait to see the rest of it.

That was just plain stupid.

How is the TARDIS flying down a motorway anymore stupid than it going back and forth through time and from one end of the universe to the other?

Exactly, it isn't, it's just that we've never seen it do that before.

Can't understand these people that a) refuse to like the new Doctor Who, and b) insist on watching it just to go on about how crap it is to the people that do like it.

I don't mind Catherine Tate. The character the plays seems stupid (not slightly-clever Rose Tyler stupid, proper stupid), and suits the actor.

How is the TARDIS flying down a motorway anymore stupid than it going back and forth through time and from one end of the universe to the other?

Because it's a time/space machine, not a bloody gyrocopter.

Because it's a time/space machine, not a bloody gyrocopter.

It should be a "bloody gyrocopter" more often then. We didn't see it before the new Doctor Who due to budget reasons. And it looked cool in "The Satan Pit", too.

We didn't see it before the new Doctor Who due to budget reasons.

That's bollocks, they could easily have dangled a cardboard police box over a backdrop of stars, the same way they did with spaceships made from eggboxes.

It's just a sign of the times, kids today don't care about decent storylines or good acting, all they want is special effects and the new writers are taking the piss because of it, just making up stuff that was never intended to be done, just because they can now.

That's bollocks, they could easily have dangled a cardboard police box over a backdrop of stars, the same way they did with spaceships made from eggboxes.
From what I've heard, there are a few scenes in the old Doctor Who's that shows the Tardis flying outside the Time Vortex.

From what I've heard, there are a few scenes in the old Doctor Who's that shows the Tardis flying outside the Time Vortex.

That's right, they show some model police box wibbling around surrounded by squiggly lines and shit, saying that it's trapped/caught in some sort of anomaly.

Thing is, if it can fly around like that so easily, why do you never see it land, it always materializes, even now. And if the Tardis was always capable of atmospheric flight, why did the Doctor create the whomobile?

WhoMobile.jpg

Well, surely a Police Box flying in from space would be a tiny bit more noticeable...

And the "whomobile" was probably more suited for what the Doctor needed.

Well, surely a Police Box flying in from space would be a tiny bit more noticeable...

More noticeable than wibbling around inches above a busy motorway?

And the "whomobile" was probably more suited for what the Doctor needed.

You mean flying around in, or getting from A to B without leaving the planet?

And how many people would have caught that fly down the motorway on there mobile phones?

Looks pretty good, will watch it at christmas.

Do we know if we will get other faces of catherine tate, in it?

I believe on the Catherine Tate Show last week was it when her pensioner character went on paul o'grady show and she found out that he went into her flat to cash her giro check. Hope we see that character in the new dr who

Do we know if we will get other faces of catherine tate, in it?

I believe on the Catherine Tate Show last week was it when her pensioner character went on paul o'grady show and she found out that he went into her flat to cash her giro check. Hope we see that character in the new dr who

I hope to god not, it's bad enough that she's in it, we don't want her crappy characters too.

Hmmm, I'm kind of with Rokhed on this one, that was fairly ridiculous. I like the new series (athough I prefered Ecclestons doctor) but having the Tardis floating down the motorway being steered one handed by a piece of rope....:hmm: I'm not convinced.

I hope to god not, it's bad enough that she's in it, we don't want her crappy characters too.

Her characters are not crappy they are very funny, apart from a couple of characters which are just stupid.

For example who character who says she can do everything and carn't ad the irish nurse one

That's right, they show some model police box wibbling around surrounded by squiggly lines and shit, saying that it's trapped/caught in some sort of anomaly.

Thing is, if it can fly around like that so easily, why do you never see it land, it always materializes, even now. And if the Tardis was always capable of atmospheric flight, why did the Doctor create the whomobile?

WhoMobile.jpg

He created the Whomobile because during the John Pertwee era, when the Whomobile was used, he couldn't use the Tardis, since he had been banished to Earth by the Timelords.

Her characters are not crappy they are very funny, apart from a couple of characters which are just stupid.

For example who character who says she can do everything and carn't ad the irish nurse one

But you have no taste.

He created the Whomobile because during the John Pertwee era, when the Whomobile was used, he couldn't use the Tardis, since he had been banished to Earth by the Timelords.

Exiled (to use the correct word) to earth, so if the Tardis was capable of atmospheric flight, it'd still be capable. Pertwees Who was also able to leave Earth by the time the Whomoblile was last used, as his Exile was lifted for defeating Omega.

Hmmm, I'm kind of with Rokhed on this one, that was fairly ridiculous. I like the new series (athough I prefered Ecclestons doctor) but having the Tardis floating down the motorway being steered one handed by a piece of rope....:hmm: I'm not convinced.

Simple:

The TARDIS is following instructions set 1

The Doctor pulls the lever with the string

The TARDIS then follows instructions set 2.

Sign in to follow this