NEurope
Jamba

Beyond Good & Evil 2

For those of us lucky to be at Video Games Live last night in London, we got a really big treat with a fantastic set. I was especially surprised to see Beyond Good & Evil get a fantastic section with the live choir and all. It really was absolutely superb; honestly there are too many details to say about the whole thing.

But most importantly they got Michel Ancel (dir. of BG&E) and Christophe Heral (composer of the music) on stage for a little bit. The host (another composer) grilled him about a few things and bless the man for asking, "So I know that BG&E wasn't a huge commercial success but, please, let number 2 happen. Will it?"

Michel Ancel: At the moment I am working as hard as I can with Ubisoft and trying my absolute hardest to get this game made. We had such a fantastic time making the first one.

So there you have it, BG&E 2 is in the pipeline and I don't know about you guys but I'm pretty sure that if Ancel pushes anything hard enough at Ubi, he'll get what he wants. For me it's quite likely that we will see this game.

It's the kind of game i'd usually be attracted to. But it never got me hooked.

Probably won't give this a looksie either.

Oh please, i would love to see a 2nd BG&E game, i loved the first so much. Oh and imagine the possiblities with the Wiimote in the Wii version. I loved the combat system in the first game, i'm sure they could do something special with the Wiimote in a 2nd

Yes! Finally. Maybe they can make this one a bit more challanging and longer. Then it would be perfect. I got the first one for £7, bargin!

It was certainly a great game on GameCube and it was a sleeper hit. Not a commercial succes, but a great game nevertheless. Number two would be great - and if Michel Ancel just developed it exclusively for Wii - the first of the series sold best om Nintendo consoles anyway - it would be even better. It's certainly a candidate to battle Zelda. But I hope they're not translaating the voices again. I live in Flanders (Belgium, the Dutch-speaking part) and the voices were dubbed in Dutch, somewhat ruining the game for me. But the prospect of a new edition looks great.

UbiSoft certainly has bein wowing me, showing that they're up for it to make great games. They have good ideas and I believe them when they say they want to be the second biggest third-party in the world. I can certainly understand the statement and if they continue to create so rich content and original titles, I will probably support them in becoming one. And, off course, I'm European and I'de love this European publisher to make our market a little more attractive.

Michel Ancel should it make a lengthy Wii exclusive... That should sure sell very well.

Let's keep our fingers crossed now.

I finally got around to buying this a couple of months ago, and I really enjoyed it. It's such a great game, the only problem I had with it was that it was so unbelievably short. If they make a second game, I hope it's a lot longer.

Yes... yes! bring it on! :D

I doubt they would make it exclusive though, since they want to sell as much as they can. I'm rooting for a game like raving rabbids, better with wiimote, although multiplatform.

I mean... BG&E was Zelda'ish right? Zelda control scheme is better with wiimote... *gasp* I want BG&E-2 : peace:

They sure could use Jade Engine too (BG&E, PoP, King Kong and Rayman Raving Rabbids) it sure runs on PC, Xbox 360 and Wii already.

I've never played Beyond Good and Evil before.I've heard good things about it and if I see it i'll probably pick it up.

I'd definitely buy it if it came out. I loved the first one (who doesn't love talking pigs...), and I told many of my friends that they should get it at the time. Of course, very few did, but those who did were very happy with it indeed.

I'm kind of sorry I sold it a while ago, but I had beaten it twice for the full 100% under 15 hours.

I'll probably pick it up sometime again though. It's only 10 euros in most places. The game's really magical.

Heey, I thought you said you'd beaten it 100% in 10 hours...I've been trying to beat that all this time!! *explodes*

First time it took me about 8 1/2 hours and the second time a little over 6 hours. I'm not sure it's 100% though, there were some animals I hadn't photographed I think. I did collect every single pearl twice though.

First time it took me about 8 1/2 hours and the second time a little over 6 hours. I'm not sure it's 100% though, there were some animals I hadn't photographed I think. I did collect every single pearl twice though.

But you can't do that without photographing all the animals, because you're given a pearl at the end of every single reel.

No I don't think so. I believe there was a certain amount of animals you had to photograph for the pearls and I did that. The rest were just extras.

Otherwise I finished the game for 98% twice in under 15 hours :hmm:

Took me 12 hours the first time...I like to just wander around not doing anything in games like that lol.

It's frustrating when a game is made that is supposed to be really good...but it comes out when and is outsold by the likes of Fifa and other crappy games, meaning it's doomed to be a flop :(

whether or not it comes to wii will depend solely on how much money ubisoft makes back from the - lets face it - very mixed bag of launch games... the majority of which are dire ports.

bgae 2 would be a dream come true...let remember though, too, that the first one didn;t sell because ubi didn't really know how market the game despite it getting rave reviews...

bgae is really ubi's rez... an amazing game that's well ahead of it's time - and one that show's up the parent companies total lack of vision.

Up until recently I didn't really like Ubi games all that much, Rayman was OK but I got bored of it, but BGaE really turned that around, that game was just amazing, and I loved the story... and Jade :love::laughing:

Bring on BGaE2!

it prooves you dont need big tits and a scimpy dress to be a sucessful female video game character (but of course it helps)

it prooves you dont need big tits and a scimpy dress to be a sucessful female video game character (but of course it helps)

...actually the reverse is true... hardly anyone bought it. I loved the game, but thought jade just looked like a lesbian from brighton pride (hair died blue for the weekend, and spends her time fruitlessly trying to adopt children / has bizarre, overly close relationships with her pets).

::shrug:

...actually the reverse is true... hardly anyone bought it. I loved the game, but thought jade just looked like a lesbian from brighton pride (hair died blue for the weekend, and spends her time fruitlessly trying to adopt children / has bizarre, overly close relationships with her pets).

::shrug:

:laughing: I got a lot of lesbian love then.

Maybe they will upgrade her tits for BG&E2. Just see what the X360 did for bomberman.