NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Teppo Holmqvist

[Japan] Nintendo's lineup for year 2007

Nintendo released today this quarter's fiscal report, and 1st party release list for year 2007. Because I can't read japanese, I pasted list into Babelfish and used its translation to determine which game was which.

Animal Crossing

Battalion Wars II

Big Brain Academy

Disaster: Day of Crisis

DK Kongo Blast

Eyeshield 21

Excite Truck

Fire Emblem: Goddess of Dawn

Forever Blue

Kirby

Mario Party 8

Mario Strikers Charged

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Project H.A.M.M.E.R

Super Mario Galaxy

Super Paper Mario

Super Smash Bros Brawl

Wii Health Pack

Wii Music

So... 19 titles. Last Gamecube titles have been transferred to Wii, and there is also few new titles, like Wii Health Pack and Animal Crossing. Statistically speaking, if there won't be any delays, Nintendo is going to release 1.6 Wii titles per month which is pretty decent pace.

Source: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/news/061027.pdf *

* Page 4, right panel.

Thanks go NTSC-UK forums user importaku for few corrections. :)

I'd like the original text that babel fish that could not translate. That is the most interesting.

Is this the first confirmation we've had that Super Paper Mario is hopping from Cube to Wii? Everyone saw it coming but now they can start speculating what the controller will do I guess.

I'll be picking up 4, and considering a further 4.

Health pack is kinda silly as we have the NHS.uk website, and doctors.

Wii Music is gimmick central afaic.

Eyeshield 21 is an anime.

Forever Blue is a diving simulator.

Disaster is a catastrophe sim.

Health pack is kinda silly as we have the NHS.uk website, and doctors.

Do you even know what Wii Health Pack is?

Yo NintendoDork, Super Paper Mario was confirmed for Wii ages ago, can't be assed to find any links (heavy night last night) but i do remember reading it.

Got my Opera info yet? :heh:

Title that Babelfish couldn't translate was Mario Sutoraikaazu Chajido a.k.a Mario Strikers Charged. Updated the list.

Nintendo released today this quarter's fiscal report, and 1st party release list for year 2007. Because I can't read japanese, I pasted list into Babelfish and used its translation to determine which game was which.

Animal Crossing

Battalion Wars II

Big Brain Academy

Disaster: Day of Crisis

DK Kongo Blast

Eyeshield 21

Excite Truck

Fire Emblem: Goddess of Dawn

Forever Blue

Kirby

Mario Party 8

Mario Strikers Charged

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Project H.A.M.M.E.R

Super Mario Galaxy

Super Paper Mario

Super Smash Bros Brawl

Wii Health Pack

Wii Music

So... 19 titles. Last Gamecube titles have been transferred to Wii, and there is also few new titles, like Wii Health Pack and Animal Crossing. Statistically speaking, if there won't be any delays, Nintendo is going to release 1.6 Wii titles per month which is pretty decent pace.

Source: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/news/061027.pdf *

* Page 4, right panel.

Thanks go NTSC-UK forums user importaku for few corrections. :)

No Mario Kart in 2007 then...:(

They might still have Mario Kart in 2007! I hope they do an Excite Truck with the controls. They'll need some big games for Xmas worldwide release 2007. I wonder what they're working on....

I want some new franchises!!!

________

Jainism dicussion

Edited by the_mars_volta

If they do Mario kart i dont want the wiimote as a controller, i think. I dont know i havnt really thought about it, but itd be nice for a racer to have a change. Rather than having the wiimote on its side all the time.

This isnt full Wii list is it?

I thought eyeshield was an American football/Anime DS game?

Why have we seen no more info on Disaster?!?

Health pak and Wii Music are the killer apps for the wii like nintendogs was for the DS. Mark my words

Do you even know what Wii Health Pack is?

Yes, it's a freaking multimedia software package for diagnosing illnesses, and has some videos and tips on how to stay healthy.

Just like on the NHS.uk website (without the videos)

you pick up a wii health pack when your energy is low. COD didnt have them. It turns your wii into a megaton with 3d projection, dvd playback and hd.

Well if those are out in Eu in 2007 i'll be getting about 8 of those.Then there's quite a few 3rd party games I want...

I really need to save up the pennies now :heh:

Yes, it's a freaking multimedia software package for diagnosing illnesses, and has some videos and tips on how to stay healthy.

Just like on the NHS.uk website (without the videos)

It makes you do exercises with the Wii Remote....

Yes, whilst showing you multimedia instructions.

It's not going to sweep the exercise video market away.. celebrities have that covered.

I really don't see it being the next Brain Trainer.

It certainly isn't a killer app.

Brain Trainer did something new.. it trained people's brains in a world where consumption and passive activities rot them, you could do it on the commute and for a reasonable price.

I don't trust Nintendo to keep my back straight with some exercises.. I want to see a doctor.

Yes, whilst showing you multimedia instructions.

It's not going to sweep the exercise video market away.. celebrities have that covered.

I really don't see it being the next Brain Trainer.

It certainly isn't a killer app.

Brain Trainer did something new.. it trained people's brains in a world where consumption and passive activities rot them, you could do it on the commute and for a reasonable price.

I don't trust Nintendo to keep my back straight with some exercises.. I want to see a doctor.

Miyamoto is working on it, do you really think it will be bad? I'm sure it will be more than what you think it is. Nintendo will know that people can go to a website or a doctor to diagnose a problem.

Where's your source on what you think it is?

First of all, Shigeru Miyamoto has unveiled something called a 'Health Pack' (working title) for Nintendo's Wii, which is related to Family Health Check;

Only related, that could mean that the only similarity is that it is about health.

Miyamoto and Iwata specifically personally oversee every single Nintendo published titles.. their creative input varies hugely from game to game.

And as far as I know.. Miyamoto simply made the announcement about Wii Health pack, I didn't hear anything from him saying he's personally 'working' on it.

My source: http://www.cubed3.com/news/6113/1/All_the_Wii%20and%20DS_Details_from_Japan

It's an exercise GAME. It's not a damn resource center.

It's a game that is suppose to get you off your fatass by making exercise fun. Do you see the potential in all of this?! It's maddening!

Exercise game will be like the exercise game on PS2 using eyetoy with Wii mote controls tacked on, 2/10 graphics and sound.

Sign in to follow this