NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
DiemetriX

Gears of war Thread

I just went through gears on hardcore straight away as it gives you achievements for both hardcore and casual, finished it within two days and now barely play it, got a bit boring, trade in tomoz i think.

Have to say I think act 5 is pretty weak. So far it's just been exactly what I've done in the previous 4 acts and now I'm pretty much at the stage of just wanting it to be over.

Wont ever be trading it in though. Not played online in a while. Hope some of you will be coming back to Gears when you've finished Zelda.

Really doing Hardcore gets you that casual achievements aswell!

damnit I dontl ike playing the same game in quick succession after ive finished it, thats why I havnt played much of this without co-opping with my bro. Cos I know whats gonna happen. To do it a third time i thought it would become a chore. Grr if i only knew.

Tak I'd do co-op with you sometime. We killed that beserker remember?

i aint played gears of war in ages now. Splinter cell online is much better than gow online imo. And got no gow offline stuff to do.

i aint played gears of war in ages now. Splinter cell online is much better than gow online imo. And got no gow offline stuff to do.

Hey I actually need help getting some co-op medals, think you could help me?

yeh, as long as its on insane. :P

Oops, sorry I meant on Splinter Cell. But GoW I can do too. :smile:

Cool ok, I'll accept your add once I get home from college. I looked at your profile and noticed that we have unlocked exactly the same achievements in Splinter Cell. :D Looks like you loved the single player too, I wish there were more single player achievements to get, ah well.

I don't think this game for it is violent and the noises are too noisy.

:D

It's awesome.

Dont know how official this vid is but it appears to be genuine. Its of the new gameplay mode Annex which should be out today.

http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=55555

Also for those that havent seen Play.com are selling Gears for £17.99 so get involved people!

Also from Epics message boards...

Not part of this update, but coming soon, are four new maps. We played on one called "Subway" that was a two-level affair with a streetscape set in the governmental sector of the city with its classic buildings and an underground subway station. Action particularly heated up in the station where two entries, numerous columns, and a couple of railcars offered ample cover and firing positions. For those hoping to see new environments, while we didn't get to see it, we heard one of the other maps is titled "Bullet Marsh" which has us plenty intrigued.

Is Annex a new map?

Where have you been? :p

Its a new mode, kinda like King of the Hill.

I've not been keeping up on the Gears front. I thought I read somewhere a new mode was coming out but it was pulled back. I'll need to get it then.

I've not been keeping up on the Gears front. I thought I read somewhere a new mode was coming out but it was pulled back. I'll need to get it then.

Yea, I haven't tried it yet...I'm just too lazy...

Annex is brilliant, definitely my favourite multiplayer mode. I've heard that you can't get the ranked achievements through it though, is this true? :(

They took out the glitches!! :wtf:

Yes, I know they can be annoying especially on ranked matches, but it can be fun trying them out every so often

They fixed the intentional glitches. Although IDK why they didn't fix the "Chainsaw over the shotgun", or "Falling through maps" (happend to me 3 times today), I get stuck to any wall very easily, and there is now a slight lag on the Shotgun.:angry:

Annex is brilliant, definitely my favourite multiplayer mode. I've heard that you can't get the ranked achievements through it though, is this true? :(

Yeah, this is true. Pretty shoddy really as Annex would be the best place to rack up your achievement kills.

Yeah, this is true. Pretty shoddy really as Annex would be the best place to rack up your achievement kills.

Bullocks. Wasted a lot of time trying to rack em up then :(

Wow there are some idiot yanks out there. My nephew was playing Gears and they started hurling abuse at him because my Gamerscore was higher than theirs, poor kid had to come off the game.

I'm really starting to get good at this. It's really frustrating when you just get the game and suck so bad you get killed straight away. My proudest achievement has to be taking out the whole of the other team on escalation with the sniper rifle on a ranked match.

Also, my favourite COG is Baird. Such a funny character.

Also, my favourite COG is Baird. Such a funny character.

Baird is pretty awesome, but you gotta love the Train baby. :wink:

Sign in to follow this