NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
DiemetriX

Gears of war Thread

We didn't have a GOW thread so why not. I'll start by adding some Multiplayer info.

How to play two people on one Gold profile?

Getting Split-Screen Multiplayer online to work with one Gold and on non-Gold member:

1) This post suggests "What you want to do is have only one player signed in (gold member). Then, go into versus > xbox live > player match - once you get to the menu that asks you to either host a game, find a custom game, or quick match, thats when the second player should press Y and then the guide should show up. Scroll down untill you see guest." (thanks to ban381)

Where should I aim?

The head probably :P

I have to do some more testing. But People on the GOW forums say hitting them in the knees makes them go down faster.

How do I join friends in a ranked match

Epic has tried to avoid this to get even matches (Bollocks)

Heres away to do it.

a) Have one guy host a match;

b) Send a message to your friends saying "I hosted a match;"

c) Said friends scroll through the server list until they find the one that is hosted by you (the host's name is the first column on the left and occupies more space than anything else in the ranked screen).

I get connections prolems when thying to join a match

If you’re one of the many that are having problems with the “Lost Connection” error while attempting to join games in Gears of War, you know that this can be a very annoying process. Well, Shadow Beast 01 of the Xbox Forums has exactly what you need.

It’s a rudimentary fix, but if it works, why should you worry about it! Here’s the instructions from his stickied forum post:

1. Choose exactly what you want to do as far as versus, or co-op goes.

2. If versus, chose whether you want it to be ranked or not.

3. Choose “Custom Match”.

4. Fill out the qeury with the information so it finds a game you intend to play in.

5. When it says “Searching…” or “Refreshing…”, quickly hit the “X” button to refresh again.

6. Once the “X” button has been hit, a list of games will show up behind the “Searching…” or “Refreshing…” dialogue.

7. At this point you may choose from the list that has appeared behind the dialogue.

8. In most cases this has worked, if it doesn’t you may have deeper problems.

Point system

Suicide -5

Causing Damage 1-5

Reviving Teammate 10

Curb Stomp 10

Knockdown 10

Execution 10

Standard Kill 20

Leader Assassination 20 (This is a bonus award in addition to how you kill them)

The breakdown is such so that if you kill steal you don't get 25 points. If you kill the guy full out you get 25 points. If you downed the guy without help and have the kill stolen, you get 15 points.

--

Thats all I have to say to start with. Any thing GOW related can be put in here.

absolutely awesome opening post!!!

:bowdown:

looking forward to many more nights (some drunken) chainsawing people and being shot at and left to die by my team mates :D this game is lord!

role on the weekend :D

This just in..

Cliff Bleszinski, Gears of War’s lead designer, has expressed on many occasions his desire to see one day a Gears of War action figures line. Well, it seems CliffyB will see his dream come true.

In a thread at the official Gears of War forum that discusses a potential GoW action figures line, Epic Games’ Mark Rein has confirmed that the company is working in a Gears of War action figures line, although he said it is "too early to give details."

Considering the tremendous success Gears of War is experiencing and the fact that Joyride Studios’ Halo action figures sold pretty well, we expect a line of Gears of War action figures to become a must-have item for Xbox 360 owners.

I cant wait to see what these look like.

Alsp I agree with That Guys post in the 360 topic, Wreches are a bitch, especially on Insane Mode as 2 hits kill you and the expolding ones kill you in 1 shot when they erupt next to you.

Gears of War ranked multi is a fucking piss take.

Everyone runs around with shotguns, use snipers or hammer of dawns.

I mean come on, theres tactics and being cheap for the sake of it.

great opening post. Does anyone want to try a ranked match tonight? Do a bit of tactics try to take out these people Jordan's talking about?

great opening post. Does anyone want to try a ranked match tonight? Do a bit of tactics try to take out these people Jordan's talking about?

Yes, and unranked matches dont help toward achievements

EDIT youve always got the added enjoyment of kicking randomers out, until your friends join

Alsp I agree with That Guys post in the 360 topic, Wreches are a bitch, especially on Insane Mode as 2 hits kill you and the expolding ones kill you in 1 shot when they erupt next to you.

I haven't got to the exploding variant yet — just started solo Insane last night — but normal Wretches are easy. I use the handgun as they approach, and simply pistol-whip them if they get too close as the B button takes them down in one. Obviously if more than one is jumping on you at a time things get a lot trickier, but backpedaling whilst shooting with R, and -not- being in aimed mode, will usually thin the ranks.

Similarly, melee attacks are great for close multiplayer encounters. Most people try for the chainsaw, but hitting people with other weapons not only hurts but stuns them for a moment too, allowing you to take them down with ease. I found this great for taking on those wielding a shotgun, as more often than not I'd be the one still standing.

We should decide on a daily gears of war N-E time, 9 o clock good for most people?

Iam enjoying this game so darn much, grenade tag kills = fun fun fun.

Just finished the game on Hardcore mode, gunna try and give Insane a pop with a friend, I am not looking forward to the last boss on insane -.-

Nearly completed it on Casual now, LOVING it. It's great when we all play online so lets use this thread to organise it whenever. I can't play tonight unfortunately, unless anyone wants to play around 5/6

I gave into temptation and bought it, only cost 1.99 as well =D (Did trade in EA and N3) for the CE as well, shall ahve a bash on single payer tongiht, mebbe a multiplayer game too see what it's all about and have soem kick ass fun.

i played with dimetrix on GoW and he owns lol

Should have seen me today. 15kills each match ^^

Sweet game.

Any one wanna cheat and get some achivements? :bouncy:

Should have seen me today. 15kills each match ^^

Sweet game.

Any one wanna cheat and get some achivements? :bouncy:

yea, I need some kills

God damn it, that final boss is hard, even on casual. Shooting games really are not my thing...

I just beat him on insane. Wasn't really hard at all. Didn't even take dammage. Played him on co-op though.

As i said, shooters are not my thing really, but i enjoyed GOW. But you must be really good to do it on insane. I'd die on the menu.

I'm rubbish at games in general but I'm not too bad a t GoW. Haven't played it tonight :o too tired so don't want to race through it when I can't fully enjoy it properly.

Relaxing with my DS today instead.

Sign in to follow this