N-Europe

only one small problem (with SD cards)

Emasher

now this will probably be solved through a firmware update and is only a problem if you use SDs before you fill up the 512 megs.

i'm not saying the wii is a bad console everything works and its super fun :yay:

alright the first problem is you cannot use sds at all until you connect to the net and download that update over wii connect 24.

the other problem that will almost for sure be fixed in a few days/weeks is that you cant load a saved file of an sd or save a file to an sd. so every time you want to access a file off an sd you neend to go to settings and move the file then move it back when your finsished playing. so if you dont need to use an sd because of a sibling dont until the update.

but the wii is still the best console i've ever played.

I reckon the reason for that is for the wii to get its wii specific code registered on the wifi, to then be used for encryptions and protection of the VC titles to that specific wii, maybe.

Do you know if there are any sorts of problems with very large SD cards? There was word of incompatibility issues.

Fuck sake..is there no way of update via game discs? This is going to piss me off as I cannot connect.

If the Wii only updates by connecting to connect 24, this has already made a gap between being accesible by every one. Not every one has wifi and/or compatible ISP, so this is a huge fucking dissapointment.

Hopefully you can download them from the internet onto your computer onto SD card... Oh wait, you cant, the Wii wont do data management without them!

Why did this require an update? Did some retard forget that your supposed to put saves and VC titles onto SD card when your memory is filling up?

Cocks. Also, I dont remember Iwata saying about updates on discs, still, it requires you to buy a game just to update.

No Wii data management for me then..assholes.

I think he mentioned it in the iwata Asks interviews, but I'm not sure (and neither in the mood to check it). But I'm almost positively certain. By the way, it might be possible doing it over SD card, because although data managment is impossible, the photo channel works fine without it - that means it can read an recognise the SD's. And if that doesn't work, get it connected using the external modem for the Wii to wire it up.Wihtout internet, your Wii future is doomed. Doomed! Yes, lik in Doom II. Or not.

Well lets me honest, its just the same with firmware updates for 360 and PS3, so don't see it as a problem to be honest, im sure they've done this to prevent piracy, means nintendo can keep tags on what machines have downloaded what etc... whilst I do feel sorry for people who won't have access, i'm not at all surprised this is the case and don't blame Nintendo for protecting themselves in such a manner.

your right it won't be fixed for our launch, we are gonna get the same version of firmware im guessing seem as the wii stock pile has been getting built up for awhile.

I'm wondering if theres anyway you could burn them to a cd? like the 360? (or atleast I know you can do it to enable backwards combatablity for games not originally supported) but then again, the 360 drives actually reads CD's and DVD's whereas the Wii doesn't....

When Iwata said firmware updates could come on discs, why didn't anyone remember how PSP updates without using the internet? Yep, that's right, the firmware is packaged on the same UMD as the games you buy. So every time you run a new game, it'll check to see if you need new firmware. Thus, no internet connection required. Though I guess you'd actually have to wait for a game you want to buy first. Magazines could always include them on demo discs too.

well if your rich and buy lots of games as there are more games on the wii then the gcn (or will be)

it wont be too bad loading the vc games onto the console before we play them but the game saves are anoying (i have yet to download any vc games)

(does anyone know when the browser is coming out)

Oh well, even if they don't fix it:

Save games -> 512 MB Flash

VC games/other content -> Future SD Card

No way you can fill up the 512 MB entirely with game saves.

I guess your right, but still, i'd like to back-up my saves. If theres one thing I learnt, is that god likes to corrupt my data.