NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
realsubzero

Wii Sales Figures

Exactly what i believe!

Everything you hear about is HD this or HD that, so most people who do not really know about technology already know about HD and as you say they will be sure that it works with their tv

Saying that, and after reading up on the subject, many large companies are backing Blu-ray. HD DVD has the advantage of being cheaper and easier for manufacture, which could see a much larger take up rate by consumers. Plus, as has been said, HD DVD fits a lot better than blu-ray.

fits a lot better? WTF are you on about?

Consumers want neither.. they're being told they want one of these.

Uptake will be shit.

People can barely afford to pay for their residence.. let alone a HD TV and a HD source.

1,000,000 Wiis were available at launch in US, so.. You're wrong?

Either that or that's launch window and I've been misinformed.

Yup, i am wrong. Seriously, i don't read up enough, i jsut read what other people say and believe it.

1,000,000 Wiis were available at launch in US, so.. You're wrong?

Either that or that's launch window and I've been misinformed.

I think it was over 400,000 on launch day. The sales figures shown there are more believable now. Nintendo said they are shipping 200,000 Wii's to the USA every week from now on so expect those figures to keep rising.:laughing:

Ah, right. Well, that makes sense. I always thought it was 1,000,000/400,000/400,000 for US/EU/JAP on launch day, but as I typed out the first sentence of my last post suddenly that seemed far, far too much. lol. "You're wrong" turned into a question even though it wasn't meant to be when I started typing. :heh:

But there are only 5 weeks till year end, so the initial sales must be above 400 000 if Nintendo are to reach 2 million by year end in America.

Analysts for a respectable American business paper said they think all 1,000,000 units were sold on launch.

at least 1,500,000 units won't be hard by the end of the year. Firstly, it's only out in 1/3rd of the world and incredibly many are sold already. Secondly, christmas is coming up.

Nintendo plans to ship 4 million units to North America before years end (N. America includes Canada too). They are sending 200,000 each week to the USA. That's a million by year's end. If Canada gets the same, that's 2 mil by years end for North America.

If the above is correct, that must mean 2 mil were shipped to N. America for launch day. There has been a report that in Canada the Wii sold out, and I'm pretty sure it sold out in America too. That's 2 mil already sold.

Of course he does, reviews control the world.. it's all corporate string pulling by the reviewers who secretly control the earth's economy.

Reviewer: Japan? I give them a 6.6.

Stock brokers: SELL STOCKS IN HELLO KITTY SELL! SELL!

Don't get me started on Which? magazine!

Ooo, that gives me an idea.

Solitanze: A bit annoying. Kinda lame. 1/10

Seems you're screwed now, eh? Zing!

I can't believe that people are still quoting sales figures, it is now absolutely clear that nobody knows how many units they shipped to America!!!

Just wait for the official announcement of sales figures at the end of the year, or whenever they have hit a landmark figure.

Also the only place that could give us accurate sales figures this fast would be Japan, look at how fast we had the PS3 launch week multi-format sales.

Stop deciding that you know how many units there are, surely when people come up with estimates of 300,000 units and another person says between 1 and 1.2 mill, it is a sign that there is confusion on this matter!!!!!

Sign in to follow this