NEurope
Pit-Jr

Gamecube Tribute...R.I.P- Best Moments

Ah memories of the Cube well where to to begin....

Luigis Mansion: First game I played on this console and I remember thinking how cool it looked. The graphics and music were amazing.

Smash Bros Melee: What can be said about this gem of a game. Im sure this is on everyones top 10 games for the cube. The game is a multiplayer experience like no other but the 1 player mode is awesome aswell. The moment when I unlocked all the trophies was a magical one.

Zelda: WW: Its Zelda Nuff said!

Skies of Arcadia: Legends: From the time this was announcent to the time when I finished it was simply awesome for me. I had playedthe Dreamcast version but I never finished it so I picked this version up as I loved the DC one. Awesome moment for me in this game were the Gigas Battles aswell as one of the final scenes where evryone comes to help Vyse in a battle of the skies.

Resident Evil 4: Im a fan of all the R Evils and I loved the remake. Problem was I had played that story before and as for Zero, even though I finished it, I didnt like the item dropping system. Now this came along and blew everything out of the water for me. The graphics were outstanding as was the totally different style of gameplay. The best moment for me was just when I unlocked everything in the game and went back into story mode and blew everything away with my new "toys".

Pikmin: A very magical and overlooked game. This screams originality and it was just so cool to play. Having an army of little creatures at your disposal that are willing to give their own life for you.....who doesnt like that?

Mario Sunshine: Getting all the shines was a great moment for me. I remember I was off work the week it came out and I played non-stop til it was done. Sure it wasnt Mario 64 but it was still a great game.

There are probably more due to the quality of games out on the Cube but those are just a few I remember.

R.I.P? :confused:

From my perspective the Gamecube certainly isn't dead yet - not until SSX On Tour, Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness, Battalion Wars, Odama, Mario Smash Football, and of course The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, have been released. So I'll contribute (properly) to this thread when it is actually dead. :)

The GameCube is far from dead seeing as such a blockbuster game is on the way.

I've had enough of this doom-mongering.

The best moment on my Cube *so far* was entering Phendrana Drifts for the first time on Metriod Prime -- Beautiful, and the music was lovely.

I forgot another, Pikmin 2, the first ending with Louie on the island whichi s actually real fotage, great stuff and going back to coninue with the president - it was great cause I thought the game had ended!!

Hmm awesome topic n_n

Just about every game I own ,akes me happy I bought a Cube. So many magical stuff. But I'll try and see if I can find some moments to remember in particular:

*Starfox Adventures; finally beating that "test of fear" The first time I saw that I actually truely felt what they meant for you to feel 0_0 such an awesome moment, with the music and the tension ;_; and the thrill of passing the test.

*Tales of Symphonia; after releasing the seals, At first the game looked abit weak, was dissapointed, but then after the second seal the story started to gain momentum. Truely one of the best gaming experiences on Cube ever.

*Paper Mario; finding out that I can have more badges than on the N64 version n_n. The entire game was such a fun ride, dont find that on any other console.

*F-zero, beating story mode, beating all cups on Master level, great moments with beautifull graphics ;_; and great cut scenes.

Metroid...baten kaitos...its all good my friends

I piss on your grave, GameCube, I piss on your grave!

I still love you for Smash Brothers, though. And Zelda. Maybe Metroid. Perhaps Sunshine. Plus the Resident Evils.

Nintendo E3 2004....a very special moment not just for Nintendo but for the Gamecube too.....also a honarable mention to the one and only RE4

Some other moments:

Finally finding a Cube that wasnt sold out on launch day (believe it or not).

Realizing that my tiny, half-size disk playing Cube was every bit as powerful as the giant mess that was Xbox for 150 bucks less. Here in the States, 150 bucks can buy FOUR seperate DVD players...FOUR!!!

Despite its goofy purple lunchbox appearance, the size and power and price of the Gamecube was truly a marvel at launch.

sadly in the uk the GC is dead :( I went into game the other day and they had more ds and psp games for sale then for the GC!

Still i am so looking forward to the new zelda game so i am going to keep the candle burning just a little longer over here in the uk :)

oooo another one from me is from

Tales of Symphonia: The scene is pretty near the end when everyone starts to get seperated in different ways 1-by-1. Then they all come back together. Very emotional scene with Genis and Lloyd aswell.

Also I agree the Cube aint dead and this topic should be renamed the best moments so far on your cube.

sadly in the uk the GC is dead :( I went into game the other day and they had more ds and psp games for sale then for the GC!

So Gamecube games still actually grace the shelves of your local GAME then? That suggests to me that it's still alive. :)

I get all my games online from sites like Gameplay, Play, and Amazon - and only when I can't buy Gamecube games from them will I consider it dead.

I have a lot of great GC memories but its far from dead to me. Not only do I have some great games to pick up (ZELDA!!), I also play a lot of games that I already finished.

Playing Luigis Mansion was awesome. Not only was it the first GC game, but it was fresh and fun. Hearing Luigi humming the main theme is hilarious.

Pikmin. When the little critters died, I couldnt help but feel sorry for them. Unless they were being totally stupid.

I have a lot more great memories from Zelda, Metroid, Mario Kart, but theyre too much to post here.

Metroid for me to. To tell the truth, I was sceptical of this game since it was FP right up to the moment I started playing it, and boy was I wrong: The game was perfect in every aspect and truly felt like a Metroid game should only now in 3D.

Eternal Darkness, the level at which this game plays with your mind is great! I remember the game showing an error message and I was thinking my still quite new Cube had crashed! Very clever and brilliantly scripted!

I once had a similar experience like that: it was when I was saving and the game told me that the memory card had been deleted. Scared the shit out of me since I had so many great records on SSBM.

Resident Evil Remake: the scare this game gave me will probably never be experienced again. Awesome game.

F-Zero: When I played this game for the first time and saw all those racers, at that speed without any drop in FpS made my jaw drop.

Zelda WW: personally I think Zelda should have a cartoon style which made the cel-shaded Wind Waker feel like a Zelda game should be. The only thing I would have liked better was if one could have had explored Hyrule instead of just sailing a vast ocean. Just imagine walking in the real Lost Woods, Death Mountain and of course the plains of Hyrule itself. However the game is great regardless of that.

And of course the Game of Games: SSBM, it´s unbelievable how this game have kept me busy. I got this game on launch-day and have played it virtually every day since then. The best memory I have of this game is when i faced Marth for the first time. Seeing a swordsman like him among all standard Nintendo-characters really made my eyes grow big, also the FE music that played when I fought him was great. When later Roy, yet another cool swordsman appeared I knew I loved this game.

Well, those are some memories I have.

The Cube will never die, at least not for me.

Ah Yes, so many good memories *tear*. I have so many i can't really remember most.

A few that do stick out are:

- RE4 When you get to the first part of the Village and the Chainsaw guy comes after you for the very first time. Pure suspence!

- Alot of Parts in Wind Waker, Metroid Prime. And the twists in ToS and Baten Kaitos.

- Getting drunk with my buddies and playing Super Monkey Ball 2, DOR, Time Splitters 2.

- Getting drunk and playing Mario Golf then getting mad because I suck so much. lol. Golf and Beer don't mix.

There Has just been so many standout moments on my lil cube, but these are the best:

Metroid Prime- The Moment i realised that it worked in first person and jumping wasnt messy like i thought it would be, Phendrana drifts- nuff sed, finding the last artifact and earning the right to kick Ridleys ASS.

Mario Sunshine- THE BIG YELLOW BIRD IN THE SKY! (gelato beach) OH MY GOD!

that just blew me away, the scale was emense for just one shine!- roll on mario 128!

Wind WAker- the first time u charghed up that sword and made like a tornado! also the first time u enter hyrule below and its all black and white, then after seeing ZELDA, the whole place is rick with colour and all the stone enemies come to life! DAMN that was just adrenaline pumping!

RE4- THE WHOLE GAME! not one moment did i want to put the controller down (althouth i had to eventually) and HARD mode is impossible! has any body done it!? im stuck in the room with loads of monks, and there is a red dude, and snipers shooting from above (the bit b4 where ashley is lone ranger and u gotta snipe the freaks down) SWEET :)

Hardware GC- yeh the jingly tune at start was so kool! and beats sony wahm!, start up and xbox humming noise. also the fact that the freeloader was invented! yay! only gamecube can play import games so easily, which is funn cos nintendo r the ones who r most anal bout priacy n stuff.

THE GREATEST EVER MOMENT HAS TO BE- The Grand unveiling of a Legend Reborn....and hopefully the game will b the best of all time if not the best this gen, however metroid prime will b hard to beat. Metroid Prime was fresh, zelda isnt so much.

VIVA LA GAMrEvCoLUtionBE

Best moments for me was playing on Wind Waker and Metroid Prime for the first time. Both games blew me away from how good they looked and how good they played.

Lots of moments. Playing Super Monkey Ball on the day I got the Cube. Mario Sunshine, throwing a pad across the room in annoyance. Zelda, Metroid, Pikmin 2.

Seeing Resident Evil for the first time might be my moment for the Cube though. Didn't think graphics like tghat were possible.

i think this is a bit premature. the gamecube has a lot more moments to come, and we all know the best is yet to come.

My faveourite moment has to be the endless hours on redident evil remake.

Playing it with surround sound in the dark. How scary it was. The detail the creepy music.

Animal crossing - How much time I wasted on this game. So adictive.

Luigi's mansion. - First game I played on the cube , the graphicks stunded me the music. Great game.

Star wars - The detail , the graphics stunning.

My #1 moment was playing Luigi's Mansion for several days solid, twas so much fun. Some other big moments were getting hooked to Mario Sunshine, playing Wind Waker and viewing it's beauty. Getting the crap squeezed out of me when the lights went all out and the Metoirds + Space pirates were all tehre in Metroid Prime at one point*. So many great moments...

*Some parts of this memory may be fictional, I can't quite remember it 100%.

I'm gonna have to catch up on my GameCubing after my season is over (which is probably soon cause I think I don't have an ACL anymore.)

Beating Wind Waker (it was the first Zelda game I ever beat).

Beating OOT on the bonus disc (I had it on N64, but never beat it because I was scared of the Shadow Temple).

Beating Majora's Mask on the Collector's Edition.

The immense rush of adrenaline you get when playing F-Zero GX.

Metroid Prime, every single second was beautiful.

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, taking the elements of Prime and improving them (but somehow Prime was better).

SSBM, having some good laughs with friends in multiplayer.

Kicking my brother's arse with Link in Soul Calibur II.

Resident Evil 4, the action, the graphics and the fear (ah, Regenarators!!!).

Oh, and I forgot to mention that Killer 7 was such a treat for me. Great story and great art direction, and some alright gameplay. But it had a hell of an ending.

I still want a sequal or an additional disc with all the missing chapters.