NEurope
triforce_keeper

First Wii Impressions Thread

Well i didnt score a Wii, so now im stuck at home with Zelda TP, an extra remote, and a Wii points card and nothing to play it on. God this is going to be a long week.

The Wii remote is even smaller than i imagined and is super comfortable. I can also confirm that the Nintendo smell is present and fabulous in the Zelda manual

very good though it takes a little bit of getting used to

i waited outside an hour and a half even though i had a pre-order, just to make sure i got zelda, the store turned out to have way more copies of zelda than it had wii's.

i waited outside an hour and a half even though i had a pre-order, just to make sure i got zelda, the store turned out to have way more copies of zelda than it had wii's.

You thought they'd have more Wii's than Zelda? ::shrug:

Well i didnt score a Wii, so now im stuck at home with Zelda TP, an extra remote, and a Wii points card and nothing to play it on. God this is going to be a long week.

The Wii remote is even smaller than i imagined and is super comfortable. I can also confirm that the Nintendo smell is present and fabulous in the Zelda manual

The Smell is present? brilliant!

What games did you get? (besdides Zelda) If you got Red Steel, impressions?

(this goes to any other americanadians

aaaaaawwwwwwwwwww i feel for you, thats a pretty rubbish situation to be in.

Ah, mm, well only reason I'm here is cause I'm at school :P If I was @ home I'd be playing Zelda, whaaat! =)

I love the "Wii-mote" ! Zelda being just so differnet+the new controls(which are better+) makes it feel so different from any other Zelda. Gamespot must not of got out of Ordon village because after that everything goes nuts ;O Its no where near a "rehash" or whatever they said about it being the same as previous Zeldas...you will love it =)

retro-lover: I have Red Steel but I been playing Wii sports and Zelda, and sleeping! lawls

Waiting all night(and early morning? ha) for the Wii was pretty cool actually. We made this list of the first 35 ppl which everyone agrred too and gave a copy to the Best Buy manager =) Everyone was friendly - We were watching movies in the van and even got a big soccer game going in parking lot! :D ^^

So what do people think to the whole 'gimmick' concern of a few people? Totally wrong? And do you see this as the true future of games?

Also, how are graphics holding up? How do they compare to Gamecube and 360? By that I mean how far behind 360 (standard def only) and how much better than Cube?

I'm excited now. My Wii got confirmed today by Gameplay. Legends. :D

So, when do we start the rumors for the next console?

awww, miss them already? I kinda liked all the rumours at the beginning, made it all exciting...then nearer the end it kinda got so damn stupid that i wanted it to stop.

Thats what a forums are all about though. Rumours, peoples 'different opinions' and the way people act differently to different things etc...shame not everyone thinks this way.

IGN gave Red Steel a 6.0. :\ I've heard from a few places now that it doesn't quite stand up to what it could have been. A bit disappointing really but I may well still pick this up after a while.

I just popped on a Sony forum, their main (And pretty much only) complaint is

"Not a current good game library"

.....Psssst, It came out 3 Days ago.

And their other complaint is "Carpy graphics" Heh, Idiots.

retro-lover: I finally popped the game in :o The controls are so akward :S Maybe its cause I'm just not used to the new FPS controls. There are 3 different aim sensitivities in the options menu. I find when aiming you can't do too much at once else your cross-hair is all over the place(ex. trying to run or strafe for cover while shooting is hard). When you need to turn you have to push the side of the screen with your cross-hair like an RTS on the computer :S Its weird for an FPS. The whole screen should turn as you move your cross-hair around -.- I've had I think 3 sword fights yet they were all just tutorials for sword fighting :S The people sometimes look like paper cutouts.. I like how the enviroment is destructable. The story is nothing new or special. I guess ubisoft does get props for having one of the first FPS out on Wii tho o.O They will get better with time I'm sure =)

^ so there you have it. an RE member's opinion on red steel and it doesnt sound great. either get another controller/different game with your money instead of wasting it on red steel. or just keep your money and wait for excite truck/metroid/warioware/ MARIO GALAXY!

Seing as ill ahve the money for all those games anyway. I think ill still get Red Steel..

Seing as ill ahve the money for all those games anyway. I think ill still get Red Steel..

get an extra controller then. or just give me some cash so i can get a wii!

gonna be so annoying watching all of you talking about wii and then i havent got one.

:nono:

YAY, I've played Wii (Wario Ware to be specific!!) at the food show at the NEC. They had one of their 4 TV set ups... Damn good fun laughing at how bad people were at playing it, the Wii Women seemed really impressed as I romped all (but one) of the tasks... I even caught an Animal Crossing Fish!!

Two standard things:

1) God isn't the controller small!!!

2) Isn't it sensitive!!

P.s. Every person (mainly middle aged people) had a massive grin on their faces as they played the games!!

I finally played it too, it's awesome, I didn't expect it to be so ... fresh! They had it really sensitive there, we tried to goto the wii menu but we were too much noobs to figure it out.

Played Wii Play and Zelda Demo (with out component), loved them both (Zelda more of course). This is gonna make my wait a lot harder because I ain't gonna buy it on launch day.

Same thing as Shino. ^ I went with him.

Some dumbass calibrated the Wiimote really bad. It was very hard to play Wii Play with it that way. Zelda on the other hand, felt great in all that hack and slash. It was hard to aim with the bow because of the same calibration issues but it was good anyway. I really loved zelda and i can't f*cking wait!

I queued up for Zelda for 45 minutes and then the Wii I was waiting for had a fatal disc read error :angry:

I only played RS, which was quite dodgy.

i really dont know if i should buy a wii or not. i will definetly buy one later but its just a question of when. im sure itll be possible to buy one before christmas without preordering it, but im not sure if i want one now if its gonna cost £180 with just 1 game. had it have been bundled with zelda id have bought it but wii sports isnt really good enough.

You see, if i buy the wii now, i wont be able to get any other games or controllers with it. so its probably not worth buying it at this price and date if its only going to be me playing it and the only game that comes with it is wii sports.

i think i can wait

So i finally manage to pick up a Wii by being #38 in a line of 60(!) people at Best Buy. I was amazed that the lines for Wii were twice as long a week after launch. Here are my impressions

-the price is right! Everything about the Wii package screams quality and feels alot more substantial than it may look in pictures. Well worth the asking price.

-You will say wow. Not because of the graphics but because the Wii remote. Configuring your Wii for the first time with the remote is as satisfying as playing the games within. Rumble and speaker just make the remote that much better. As it stands, i dont want to go to a conventional pad ever again.

-to my horror, my brother put the Wii Sports disc in upside down. No harm done though. The Wii disc slot accepts and ejects discs like a champ

-Wii Sports is amazing. 4 people have played it with me so far and everyone had blast with it, particularly Bowling and Boxing.

-also worth noting, no one was embarassed by waving the remote around like a buffoon, nor did anyone complain about being tired or sore afterwards.

-im saving Zelda for when i can play it alone with no distractions

So there ya have it. Without even playing Zelda or getting online yet, i already love the system.