NEurope
triforce_keeper

First Wii Impressions Thread

Platty, can you give a bit more of a detailed review of Red Steel? It's been getting panned in the review so I was wondering what you would have to say to them in reply.

I would say a lot of the reviews have valid points. The game has been hyped up a lot and to be honest when i played it i found it quite hard to get into and use to the controls. It's not a bad games tho. Deserves a better score than it has been getting but it is a little disapointing after all the hype and videos we have seen. It still looks good and i couldnt see much wrong with it but just had that feeling when i played it of "hmmm i thought it was gonna be better than this"

I much preferred Call of Duty 3.

Thanks man. Considering you've played all of them, which would you consider to be the FPS of choice then?

Well I think im gonna get both COD3 and Redsteel but if I had to pick just one?? It would be Call of Duty 3.

When will our american friends start putting they're impressions here?

Their

That's what i want to know. They're probably all in bed after playing Wii from 1 o clock in the morning.

I don't think we'll expect any impressions from our American friends for a few days yet. 70 hours is how many days?

I don't think we'll expect any impressions from our American friends for a few days yet. 70 hours is how many days?

70 hours is almost 3 days.

What do you mean by that? I'm confuzzled.

70 hours is almost 3 days.

What do you mean by that? I'm confuzzled.

70 hours is the length of Zelda (apparently).

70 hours is the length of Zelda (apparently).

Ahh, i see. :)

Heh, that was a bit of a dull moment on my behalf. :red:

I really want to know how much fun these games are. The reviews are all fine and good, but they're always too analytical about it, and never say how much fun they had.

Take F-Zero, or Ninja Gaiden as examples. Both great games, and i'm very glad I bought them, but they're so mind-numingly frustratingly hard that they're not a lot of fun. They're very rewarding, which is why I like them, but they don't tell you this in a review. They just talk about the gameplay and the graphics from a very detatched perspective (if that makes any sense).

Tim (The old boss) completed it in 60 hours i think. :heh:

Yeah, but think, Platty! He ain't called Master Tim for no reason. The guy was obviously a genius.

Two of my friends bought a Wii last night and I got to play and watch for about 3 or so hours.

First was Zelda. It seems different but it's still good. Didn't get to see any fighting.

Second was Wii Sports. This game is simply amazing. Thats all. Amazing. Its a blast to watch and to play.

Third was Red Steel which is a huge disappointment to me. Controls just seemed too hard to play with and the sensitivity seemed ridiculous. Oh well...

Just goto the IGN boards for impressions. All seems fantastic.

They're not really going to say anything other that it's amazing though, are they? You want to go onto a PS3 or Xbox forum to get some impressions from non-Nintendo fans.

I'm going to wait till I get some impressions from guys on here, then at least I know who I can trust.

Yeah i'm suprised that no one has posted impressions yet.

I got my wii this morning at 10:30 AST and have been playing all day.

My Impressions:

Zelda = Possibly the greatest game ever.

Wii Sports = Way more fun than i thought it would be.

That sums it up pretty nicely right there.

Yeah i'm suprised that no one has posted impressions yet.

I got my wii this morning at 10:30 AST and have been playing all day.

My Impressions:

Zelda = Possibly the greatest game ever.

Wii Sports = Way more fun than i thought it would be.

That sums it up pretty nicely right there.

That sums up too much you lucky american! In america!

That sums up too much you lucky american! In america!

Thats like calling a British person American, doesnt go down well. :heh:

Well I think im gonna get both COD3 and Redsteel but if I had to pick just one?? It would be Call of Duty 3.

hmm looks like it could be COD 3, I plan on getting both but only only afford one at launch so may have to be COD 3.