NEurope
triforce_keeper

First Wii Impressions Thread

Hey!Went to the bullring with 3 mates. 2 of them being nintendo fans and one of them being a xbox 260 bummer.

Anyway I played trauma center, wii tennis and wario ware smooth moves.

Ok first off. Traumer Center. This was the first Wii game I played, and the little demo was cool :D When one of the ninty gals gave me the nunchuk and wii-mote I was shaking like a leaf so when I tried getting the glass out if this guy I was all over the place! Anyway great little demo to show off the Wii-motes pointing.

Second was Wii tennis. We played a 4 match and was fun. But the second time I was in a better position so I got to hit it a lot more and have to say it was great great fun :D:D:D

Now last but defiantly not least, Wario Ware smooth Moves. This was the BEST demo there. 1st it was so funny to see my friend doing the hula hoop games and there was a drawing mini-game where you had too scribble and he drawed a dick LMFAO it was funny because everyone was laughing and the ninty gal was pissin herself! Wario ware was wicked to play and is great fun :D

The wii-mote and nunchuk are SO SMALL!!! I couldn't believe it, I thought they would be bigger, they fit comfortably in your hands and feels really good. The gals there were also very hot ;)

Big down point is I didn't get to play Zelda (2 hour queue) or Excite Truck. I think the event went down very well today as I heard a lot of chavs saying they were gunna get one. Took some pics and will put them up if I can find my phone cable.......

Mini Review scores for demos.

Trauma centre: 7/10

Wii-Tennis: 8/10

Wario Ware: 10/10

Now your impressions!

EDIT: the xbox 360 bummer said it was great.

I just got back from the Wii house in London.

There were only 5 of us who got picked out of all the VIP members. Cant believe it.

Anyway the house is amazing, just amazing. It's done up like a normal house and just has wii's and wii stuff everywhere... it also has a lot of retro things lying around like star wars toys etc.

Anyway the games.. All were amazing! Zelda is the nuts. Ive been a little worried about the controls but as soon as i picked it up and starting playing it those worries were gone. It's so easy to use the controller with zelda and my god the game is good, it's so good infact i spent my first hour there just playing that. I got the wooden sword, Jumped on Epona it was amazing. I could have quite easily played that all day but had to stop to try the other games out and plus didnt wanna get too far into zelda to ruin it for me when i get it.

I also got to play Red steel. This is very very awesome. The controls are very sensitive and it took me a while to get used to it but its so good.

Call of Duty 3. Same as red steel the cotrols were very sensitive but it plays really nice and looks good.

Farcry. The controls were slightly better on this one and it is a very good game.

Excitetruck is brilliant. The little steering wheel add on makes it so good.

4x4 racing game. Same as excitetruck brilliant.

Tony Hawks downhill jam. I was really impressed with this and the way the controls work. I wasnt gonna get it but after playing it i think i might.

Wario Ware is awesome, so much fun it's brilliantly done. Everyone must buy this.

Wii Sports, I love this game so much, boxing is brilliant i cant wait to play it online!!

Wii play, Not as good as Wii sports but damn there are some funny games on there like the the cow racing game.

Sonic. I thought it was pretty good and also looked pretty good. Very very easy to get into and the controller works very well with it. Typical sonic game run fast and collect rings

Trauma Centre, I was very impressed with this, if you like this on the DS then you must get the wii version.

Super monkey ball. What can i say, its brilliant. Controls work really well with it.

Think thats about it. They did have some other games there that i didnt play and they had Super Mario Galaxy but we wasnt allowed to see that Why tell us you have it then say sorry we cant show you that... like snatching candy from a baby.

Richard Moulton also showed up who is the NOE online Editor and I had a good chat with him. Turns out he is friends with Tim!! Richard done a little interview with us for NOE and also took some pictures

I asked for a wii but they laughed and Richard told me he hasnt even got a free wii and has to buy his own.

The only freebies i managed to get were a wii Coffee mug, a wii pen and a wii notepad.

All in all a most excellent day.

I just got back from the Wii house in London.

There were only 5 of us who got picked out of all the VIP members. Cant believe it.

Anyway the house is amazing, just amazing. It's done up like a normal house and just has wii's and wii stuff everywhere... it also has a lot of retro things lying around like star wars toys etc.

Anyway the games.. All were amazing! Zelda is the nuts. Ive been a little worried about the controls but as soon as i picked it up and starting playing it those worries were gone. It's so easy to use the controller with zelda and my god the game is good, it's so good infact i spent my first hour there just playing that. I got the wooden sword, Jumped on Epona it was amazing. I could have quite easily played that all day but had to stop to try the other games out and plus didnt wanna get too far into zelda to ruin it for me when i get it.

I also got to play Red steel. This is very very awesome. The controls are very sensitive and it took me a while to get used to it but its so good.

Call of Duty 3. Same as red steel the cotrols were very sensitive but it plays really nice and looks good.

Farcry. The controls were slightly better on this one and it is a very good game.

Excitetruck is brilliant. The little steering wheel add on makes it so good.

4x4 racing game. Same as excitetruck brilliant.

Tony Hawks downhill jam. I was really impressed with this and the way the controls work. I wasnt gonna get it but after playing it i think i might.

Wario Ware is awesome, so much fun it's brilliantly done. Everyone must buy this.

Wii Sports, I love this game so much, boxing is brilliant i cant wait to play it online!!

Wii play, Not as good as Wii sports but damn there are some funny games on there like the the cow racing game.

Sonic. Only had a quick go on this but it played very easy.

Trauma Centre, I was very impressed with this, if you like this on the DS then you must get the wii version.

Super monkey ball. What can i say, its brilliant. Controls work really well with it.

Think thats about it. They did have some other games there that i didnt play and they had Super Mario Galaxy but we wasnt allowed to see that Why tell us you have it then say sorry we cant show you that... like snatching candy from a baby.

Richard Moulton also showed up who is the NOE online Editor and I had a good chat with him. Turns out he is friends with Tim!! Richard done a little interview with us for NOE and also took some pictures

I asked for a wii but they laughed and Richard told me he hasnt even got a free wii and has to buy his own.

The only freebies i managed to get were a wii Coffee mug, a wii pen and a wii notepad.

All in all a most excellent day.

:D:D:D

I was so impressed by the Wii. The controls are just built for very very fun games e.g wario ware.

Man your one lucky son of a bitch :D

Cool, sounds like you had a good day. You're lucky seeing as I won't be going to any tours or getting a Wii at launch either.

Platty: can you tell me more about the ExciteTruck experiance cause that looks really fun to me.

Tis a shame about Galaxy. If there was any wii game id ask to play that would be it. Or possibly metroid.

Cool, sounds like you had a good day. You're lucky seeing as I won't be going to any tours or getting a Wii at launch either.

Platty: can you tell me more about the ExciteTruck experiance cause that looks really fun to me.

Tis a shame about Galaxy. If there was any wii game id ask to play that would be it. Or possibly metroid.

Yeah I had the steering wheel add on for it and its just really easy to play. Turn the wheel to steer and the a & b buttons are excelerate and brake. Boost was the D pad.

It's just fun, all the racing games were fun due to the way you use the controller, it adds so much to driving games its unreal.

In Excitetrucks you have to do stuff to earn points to pass the level. ie drifts, jumps crashes etc. oh and also win the race of course.

It looks really good, and as i have already said the controls are nice and simple and add a lot more to the experience.

What more can i say apart from that its a fun racing game!!

Hey!Went to the bullring with 3 mates. 2 of them being nintendo fans and one of them being a xbox 260 bummer.

Strong ROFL.

Also doesn't the innacuracy of using a Wiimote for Trauma Center in real life detract from the experience.

In videos I've seen people taking stabs and stitching people poorly with no real consequence. The DS game was notoriously tough at putting you under pressure.

I get the feeling that some of this might be lost in the title solely because the accuracy requirements have been lowered. To meet the limitations of the average Wii user's accuracy.

Yeah I had the steering wheel add on for it and its just really easy to play. Turn the wheel to steer and the a & b buttons are excelerate and brake. Boost was the D pad.

It's just fun, all the racing games were fun due to the way you use the controller, it adds so much to driving games its unreal.

In Excitetrucks you have to do stuff to earn points to pass the level. ie drifts, jumps crashes etc. oh and also win the race of course.

It looks really good, and as i have already said the controls are nice and simple and add a lot more to the experience.

What more can i say apart from that its a fun racing game!!

glad to hear it, because i think (from the videos) it looks the funnest to play. Obviously Galaxy will be fun too but you also buy it for other aspects.

Does it feel as fast as F-Zero?

2 hour queue for Zelda!!!! in the Bullring?!?!?!?! OMG Nintendo OWN!!!

i never thought it would happen but Nintendo are seriously going to catch up with the 360 and keep at least level with the PS3 if they're getting that kind of reaction just from everyday people! :D:D:D

2 hour queue for Zelda!!!! in the Bullring?!?!?!?! OMG Nintendo OWN!!!

i never thought it would happen but Nintendo are seriously going to catch up with the 360 and keep at least level with the PS3 if they're getting that kind of reaction just from everyday people! :D:D:D

its bound to beat PS3, and i reckon itll top 360 as well.

i reckon wii will be a great success

when i have been at the bull rign I have seen a lot of non-gamers loving the wii, and at the low proce its actually something I can see non-gamers buying, so I think it'll do really well.

I didnt get a chance to play in the bullring today, although I would have tried harder if excite truck had been there, the videos i have seen of that look great fun.

Since when was Wiisports online...

Took the words right out of my mouth. Judging by recent posts though, Platty (sorry if it is someone else) or someone else is under the impression that Wii Sports will be online.

First I've heard of it. I thought it was offline.

Silly game to put online considering it's so simple. The AI is probably suitable considering the lack of flexibility in control mechanics.

Yup. NY time is 5 hours behind Ireland/UK time, so midnight in New York is 5.00 am here.

Someone's on a one way trip down Disappointment Street. :laughing:

Edit: nevermind, didn't bother reading other posts until I had posted :heh:

Come on, where are the Americanadians now? Iw anna hear some thoughts. Pull yourselves away for 1 minute!

Come on, where are the Americanadians now? Iw anna hear some thoughts. Pull yourselves away for 1 minute!

They are playing Zelda this very moment.

We'll have to wait for impressions for at least a week. That is, if we'll ever hear from them again...

when i have been at the bull rign I have seen a lot of non-gamers loving the wii, and at the low proce its actually something I can see non-gamers buying, so I think it'll do really well.

I didnt get a chance to play in the bullring today, although I would have tried harder if excite truck had been there, the videos i have seen of that look great fun.

Excite Truck was there. Didn't get to play it as queue was too long!

Platty, can you give a bit more of a detailed review of Red Steel? It's been getting panned in the review so I was wondering what you would have to say to them in reply.