NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
DiemetriX

Gamespot gave zelda a 8.8

Jeff lost of repsect from me when I saw the video review.

TP seriously can't be a 8.8 game.

It MIGHT be possible, but the other review sites proove it is definately a 9/10 or even a 10/10 game.

this one will keep the other 2 clean.

I agree with this, I don't think this thread is useless.

Living in the past Zell. I said future scoring, it's a new console and there are new standards.

I will discredit him completely if he is not consistent with the likes of Metroid Prime 3 and Mario Galaxy.

On another note, where is the Famitsu review? that should be a big one for most people. With a lack of orchestrated soundtrack it could lose a few points from the sound guy.

True... but what makes you think they will be consistent with their future scoring if they haven't been consistent at all up until now?

I think you all seriously need to calm down and consider what many others have said.

Shut your mouths until you've played it yourselves.

I think you all seriously need to calm down and consider what many others have said.

It's not a matter of calming down or not. The press average is much higher, it's a game that's been in the making for 3 or 4 years, it's from Nintendo, it's Zelda, everyone else says it's the best Zelda ever and they give it a 8.8?

Wouldn't suprise me if they removed the score later.

That's really ironic...because we're listening to OTHERS reviews :heh:

Totally agree. Well said.

Well I believe a few people on this forum are getting it tommorow, so why don't we just wait till we hear what they say?

Just out of interest, who will be getting it tommorow?

True... but what makes you think they will be consistent with their future scoring if they haven't been consistent at all up until now?

I'm just being conditional.. I don't ever read GameSpot ever.

I think their site sucks balls in fact.

But you can't judge apples and oranges until you've seen a whole range really.

Review scores need to be lowered.. average games do not get average scores anymore. GameSpot are making a bold move.. and perhaps it's the first step in reinventing the gaming score system.

10/10 should be something developpers aspire to get not taken for granted. 7/10 should not be awarded to a movie license that was rushed and has bugs.

In the big picture 8.8/10 is a really good score, 88% is an A in pretty much any a-level exam subject.

An A is an A on paper.

If they are not consistent (and I'm not holding my breath) then I will be the first to discredit them. But two days ago I was saying how all the launch titles are getting grossly overweight scores.

This console has 5 years life left in it, Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3 are still coming.

I don't want to see a system with more 9 ratings than 8 ratings. It devalues it all.

SD-chart-lines-fixed.jpg

I've always been a scientist.. reviews should be like that. But these days it's more scewered to the right.

I got an anrgy e.mail the other day from someone who was mad because I left him neutral feedback on eBay.

He was acting as if I had boned his wife. Go figure!

Just out of interest, who will be getting it tommorow?

My Wii + 10 games hopefully ships tomorrow ^_^

That's really ironic...because we're listening to OTHERS reviews :heh:

Lol, your right there. But thats not what annoys me, whats annoying me is people writing IMPOSSIBLE, ITS ZELDA, CANT GET THAT LOW OF A SCORE FFS!

This is the biggest part in life you need to understand, and that is to accept others opinions. And if you cant accept it here..no wonder most of us are sat at the computer all day :wink:

I don't really give a shit about review scores, never have. But that Jeff **** just seems to be a prick in general.

For fuck sake..what are you guys bitching about? Probably the majority of you havent even played it, and if you have not to the depth they have.

Surely you shouldnt be moaning about it, not only havent you played it, it doesnt even matter if your going to buy it. All it does is taint its place as the greatest game ever created. Its pathetic moaning over this.

Quit whining. Reviews shouldnt concern you.

Agreed.

A number of people on this forum really need to think objectively sometimes. I find myself coming back here less frequently because so many opinions on here have little credibility. I can't imagine how anyone can agree that the review is "wrong" when they haven't even played the game.

I agree that scores need to be generally lowered. It makes no sense for the "average" to be around 7.0. If you go to IGN, the sheer number of 9.0+ games is overwhelming, these games are supposed to be must-buys, but I doubt anyone could afford that many. I still think IGN is one of the best reviews around, they're very consistent and give balanced reviews.

I've always been a scientist.. reviews should be like that. But these days it's more scewered to the right.

It's difficult to change the rating of things though. When you're used to 7 being average then it's really hard to make it 5. I think the reason it went that way was because it's a very blurred line between scores.

If someone said 5.0 and another said 6.5, what's quite a big difference; with a more 'closed' scoring system, there's not such a big difference though:

7.0 & 7.5 (or something :heh:)

Lol, your right there. But thats not what annoys me, whats annoying me is people writing IMPOSSIBLE, ITS ZELDA, CANT GET THAT LOW OF A SCORE FFS!

This is the biggest part in life you need to understand, and that is to accept others opinions. And if you cant accept it here..no wonder most of us are sat at the computer all day :wink:

Hehe...yeah, I knew what you meant, so don't worry :heh:

and I just don't like the site (not just cos of this Zelda thing)

My Wii + 10 games hopefully ships tomorrow ^_^

Awesome. Well I ask if when you leave your impressions for us poor sods, you do it without a score. Just say how much fun you had with it, and any drawbacks. Enjoy.

We are more evolved gamers anyway, we know word of mouth is much more important than reviews when you look at Katamari Damacy.

The reviewers followed the word of mouth to giving it high scores. It was a very cult thing and mainstream press described it as an "internet sensation"

We all know word of mouth is a million times more important to us than a review. It's the monkeys that take reviews as gospel who will be affected.

Why do we care? Monkeys buy games like Fifa and Madden. This game will sell more than anything else this Christmas.

Zelda is a success before it's made. One bad review score is not going to affect Nintendo's financial or historical situation.

So fanboys should really understand that Nintendo are WAY bigger than GameSpot could ever be.

Awesome. Well I ask if when you leave your impressions for us poor sods, you do it without a score. Just say how much fun you had with it, and any drawbacks. Enjoy.

Sure will :heh:

I can allready tell you that when I played TP in october (the E3 demo) that there were NO problems with the controlls.

So if that is Jeff's main point in giving it 8.8 (like some people on here say), I think he should dramatically reconsider and let someone else (with better gaming skills) play the game and write the review.

I'll make up my own mind when it it in 20 days time. Until then I'll read, with interest, anybody else's opinion on what I hope will be a great game.

And I'll just point out, 8.8 isn't too far off 4.5 / 5 ;)

We are more evolved gamers anyway, we know word of mouth is much more important than reviews when you look at Katamari Damacy.

The reviewers followed the word of mouth to giving it high scores. It was a very cult thing and mainstream press described it as an "internet sensation"

We all know word of mouth is a million times more important to us than a review. It's the monkeys that take reviews as gospel who will be affected.

Why do we care? Monkeys buy games like Fifa and Madden. This game will sell more than anything else this Christmas.

Zelda is a success before it's made. One bad review score is not going to affect Nintendo's financial or historical situation.

So fanboys should really understand that Nintendo are WAY bigger than GameSpot could ever be.

You made a post I totally agree with! I'm opening a bottle of champagne.

8.8 is a great score! What the fuck is wrong with everyone.

If you actually READ THE REVIEW there appears to be a lot of problems with the combat because of the Wiimote. It's not like he said that the game was fucking abysmal was it? Jesus, the flaws in the control system were obviously enough to make him lower the score, no amount of trememdously stupid "But it's ZELDA!!!" comments are going to do anything but make you look like an idiot.

It's not like me to chime in on arguements like this

So if you read this review you agree that there are problems when EVERY SINGLE OTHER OF THE REVIEWS CLAIM OTHERWISE.

Sorry but where is the logic in that. This reviewer is no more or less credible than the others.

I know its a decent score, but if every other reviewer on the planet says its godly and this guy doesnt, then he must be a few brain cells short of having a brain cell.

I know its a decent score, but if every other reviewer on the planet says its godly and this guy doesnt, then he must be a few brain cells short of having a brain cell.

Do you love or hate marmite?

main_marmite.jpg

And this guy doesnt even hate it. He just does not love it as much.

Least hes being honest, thats what hes paid to do. I would rather read a score saying 8.8 then 9.9/10 when its not that good.

Did Gamespot really give Red Steel 5.0? My god....

Anyway, 8.8 for Zelda is a little lower then expected but i don't care.....

Simple as that! I want it, i'll know i'll enjoy it. It could be worst!

So what? A game that the majority of us have never played got 8.8.

Bearing in mind that this guy gave Diddy Kong Racing 6.6, PD Zero 9.0 and a Tony Hawk's game 10, this review isn't anything to go on.

Sign in to follow this