NEurope
david.dakota

Interesting Conversation with Gameplay - Attention Those Who've Pre-Ordered With Them

I had an interesting conversation with a Gameplay representitive earlier - i'm not sure why he'd explained so much, but its interesting non-the-less.

I've called Gameplay a couple of times, since all retailers excluding Gameplay have a good idea of Wii allocations. Explaining this to the Call Agent, he agreed it is strange Gameplay are holding back on sharing this information but from what he is aware of the Gameplay allocations are known, but their purchasing department are holding back on emailing customers for reasons unknown.

He did confirm that Gameplay have a healthy allocation to satisfy early pre-orders. He also confirmed that they have recently been granted more units for their initial allocation. He was very clear in stating that orders placed more recently will be very unlikely to be satisfied until after launch.

None of the information is essentially new. But it does seem that Gameplay's Purchasing Department (who buy stock from Nintendo) are deliberately holding back on announcing who'll get a Wii at launch.

That makes me feel a bit more at ease since I ordered on the first day

Thank you :) You made the next 3 weeks more liveable

I feel the same as Serebil now, after the play.com stuff going off this is pretty good news. I pre-ordered on the first day so hopefully i should get one.

I talked to Gameplay also about 1/2 week ago and asked when we would get a confirmation email. The guy said that the purchasing department have a rough idea of how many they were getting and that they should pass the info over to them pretty soon.

Makes you wonder why they are keeping them back now :\

Bet you Tesco ain't doing pre-orders.

Tesco is a 24 hour store.

I bet I can just waltz on in and pick one up the day before launch.

"Hello teenage assistant, can you go check if you have this in stock?"

Err well I'm not..

"Do it"

- Here ya go.

"Thank you."

Err well I'm not..

"Do it"

- Here ya go.

"Thank you."

I am that teenager you speak of.

Err well I'm not..

"Do it"

- Here ya go.

"Thank you."

lol over here~