NEurope
shade

New GC Freeloader works on PAL Wiis.

Just bought it off play-asia. I hope it works cause all my best GC games are US Imports and I've had to move my GC upstairs to a tiny little 12" screen.

I don't see why Nintendo would release a firmware to block this as its a Gamecube device. Surely the gamecube data inside the console runs off a seperate emulation device and why would nintendo need to update the gamecube? I think if the ever bring out a wii-specific one firmware will be released to block that eventually but not for Gamecube-only software...

That is why they should make the Wii one upgradeable somehow...

But yeah... I also believe that they won't upgrade Cube-Things...

Maybe they should install a channel instead of always needing the disk anyway...

Just bought it off play-asia. I hope it works cause all my best GC games are US Imports and I've had to move my GC upstairs to a tiny little 12" screen.

NTSC-UK User Tommy Tallarico said that his japanese Wave Race: Blue Race didn't work with new Freeloader, but it was promotional copy that was intended only for review purposes. All US games have worked just fine.

Surely the gamecube data inside the console runs off a seperate emulation device and why would nintendo need to update the gamecube?

Actually Wii doesn't emulate GC at all. Instead it shut downs all additional resources and lowers processor's clockspeed, creating complete GC enviroment for running games. Because you can't access Wii's firmware when playing GC games, I believe that GC's firmware is located on seperate, unflashable chip (which makes it impossible to update).

Have you or he tried Baten Kaitos Origins (US Version) already?

EDIT:

The question is if they even could block any Freeloader through Firmware alone (maybe through Firmware update plus some change on Game Disks)...

Have you or he tried Baten Kaitos Origins (US Version) already?

I don't have new Freeloader yet, but I will start to compile new compatibility list right after I get one. :)

You guys who bought from Play-Asia did notice that it's not in stock yet right? I ordered yesterday but who knows when it'll be back in.

I didn't order from play-asia... I ordered it from codejunkies.com

(which normally should have the newest version)...

Actually Wii doesn't emulate GC at all. Instead it shut downs all additional resources and lowers processor's clockspeed, creating complete GC enviroment for running games. Because you can't access Wii's firmware when playing GC games, I believe that GC's firmware is located on seperate, unflashable chip (which makes it impossible to update).

Kick ASS!!

I want this new freeloader, but I'd be afraid to update my firmware afterwards! Datel need to come up with a way to out-patch them.

blocking the disk is not exacly hard they could just take the disk label or store a hash of a portion of the disk loading code in a black list. no patching system could get arround that with out altering the actual disk it's self.

Yeah Codejunkies are now selling the new 1.0E freeloaders.

Can you point out to me where it says that it is the 1.0E? At the moment it looks like it could just be the one people were discussing a couple of pages ago in this thread, which looks exactly the same but apparently doesn't work.

Part of me wants to hold out for a Wii freeloader anyway.... Hopefully they'll bring out one that works for both Wii and GC games.

I'm trying to hold out for the Wii one aswell but something tells me i'll end up getting the GC one since there's alot I want to get just now.

I don't think you understood my question. If you check the post I quoted you will see that I meant: please can you point out where on the codejunkies website it details the fact that the freeloader it is selling is version 1.0E.

I'm fully aware that the version that is capable of playing gamecube games on a PAL Wii is 1.0E, but unfortunately that's not what I asked.

I will know as soon as I get it :) And if it is not that version I will just return it or call them or whatsoever... Although I am quite sure that they have the newest version...

GREAT NEWS!

I received the latest version of Action Replay from Datel today and it works on my PAL Wii, it even loads up my old version of action replay and the spare freeloader I got hanging around the place. Sagi I have returned lol.

GREAT NEWS!

I received the latest version of Action Replay from Datel today and it works on my PAL Wii, it even loads up my old version of action replay and the spare freeloader I got hanging around the place. Sagi I have returned lol.

Where did you buy it from? Can you link to the one you bought if it was online please?

Wooo I can still use my AR on the Wii afterall.All I need is to import a good few games and the Freeloader and i'll be set.

I now also got my Freeloader from Datel - bought from codunkies.com) and it is v1.0E and it starts without any troubles in my Wii (even with latest Firmware v2.1E)...

Although I wasn't able to play a US/JP-Game yet because I don't have one (I just ordered one).

Originally I wanted to buy the Freeloader for Gamecube earlier with some games but then I thought if it won't work with the Wii it could get a bit annoying so I waited for a version that works on the Wii too...

I tried the new Freeloader (the european version) in my HDTV today with PAL Wii (firmware v2.1E) the games JPN Naruto GNT 3, 4 and USA Eternal Darkness and they were NOT playable!!!?????? I had an error and the games could not be resumed. The message error occured always in the start. In Naruto 3 & 4 after the intro fmv, I had a japanese message in black screen and it was saying something about off. Propably, an error occured, turn off the console. Pity. I emailed codejunkies and I'm waiting a response.

I had an error and the games could not be resumed. The message error occured always in the start. In Naruto 3 & 4 after the intro fmv, I had a japanese message in black screen and it was saying something about off.

Try following: boot your old Action Replay or Freeloader with new Freeloader and look if it helps. I have already good theory about this problem... and if my theory is right, we are pretty much screwed when it comes to certain games.

Try following: boot your old Action Replay or Freeloader with new Freeloader and look if it helps. I have already good theory about this problem... and if my theory is right, we are pretty much screwed when it comes to certain games.

Hey, I tried it and it works!! Many thanks!!

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Too pity that we have to do so many things in order to play some NTSC games. :red:

But at least we can play some terrific NTSC games like Naruto GNT 4 for example. :smile: