NEurope
shade

New GC Freeloader works on PAL Wiis.

I'm waiting for the Wii disc version thanks.

I don't even have any NTSC GameCube games because I was a late adopter.

Since the title has changed... are we now talking about freeloading Wii titles, or Gamecube titles?

P.S.: How are the Naruto games anyway (I never played one but if they are good I might would get one)...?

I really enjoy the 4th, it's great with friends. If I were to rate it as a stand-alone fighting game I'd give it 8/10, but for a Naruto fan seeing all your favourite characters, locations and moves ups it to 9/10. Naruto Shippuden: Gekitou Ninja Taisen EX has been revealed for the Wii, so if you're thinking of importing a Naruto game, you might want to wait and see a Wii freeloader appears first.

Since the title has changed... are we now talking about freeloading Wii titles, or Gamecube titles?

Still talking about Gamecube titels.

The Naruto games are amazing. If you like naruto buy the newest game. You'r a fool if you don't.

Nintendo doesn't like the Freeloader working with a PAL Wii because EU customers are the only ones which have a serious advantage in importing games.

Price, availability (US/JAP release dates vs. EU release dates), game quality (480p, voice overs, etc.), ...

US and JAP use the same country code as far as I know and the majority of gamers speaks English not Japanese - that is the best region lock ever ;-)

So Nintendo did what they had to prevent bad sales in EU - ban region free gaming. If there would be no region lock I am sure that a big percentage of EU gamers would never buy a EU game again.

The US price is better, the translation and voice overs are superior and I get a game 3 months early in most cases (Excite Truck, Elebits,...) ... so now please someone convince me to buy a PAL game again.

Only exception is the language for people which can't read English good enough - but I guess that is only true for non-gamers (young kids, parents, ...) and those don't care that much. Also Wii Sports with "Bowling, Play, Strike, ...." isn't very text dependent.

How much would it have really increased production costs if the Wii were region free to begin with, would have prices exceeding $300US?

If anything it would have been cheaper Solitaire, because there would be no need for simultaneous production lines of 4+ different units.

Nintendo wants the control. This was a decision made by Nintendo JP, not EU.

If anything it would have been cheaper Solitaire, because there would be no need for simultaneous production lines of 4+ different units.

Nintendo wants the control. This was a decision made by Nintendo JP, not EU.

I doubt it - production cost would be the same. But instead of US/JAP GC Bios a production line would put the PAL bios chip on the Wii - I guess that would be made by machines, so cost is not an issue when it comes to hardware region freeness (I doubt that word exists).

Big issuse are EU retailers.

man they must make a freelouder for wii games couse japan is getting all the great anime games for the wii earlier

Marginally cheaper- but to have one production line of one unit is much easier and quicker.

It wouldn't be huge but like the DS, it's an international unit bar the health and safety data- they can pump them out at 350,000 per month or something ridiculous.

It's an unfair comparison but it certainly wouldn't cost more.

I really enjoy the 4th, it's great with friends. If I were to rate it as a stand-alone fighting game I'd give it 8/10, but for a Naruto fan seeing all your favourite characters, locations and moves ups it to 9/10. Naruto Shippuden: Gekitou Ninja Taisen EX has been revealed for the Wii, so if you're thinking of importing a Naruto game, you might want to wait and see a Wii freeloader appears first.

Is there any release date for the game yet?

P.S. I might try the latest Naruto Gamecube game... Not that screenshots are that important for a game but still: Are there anywhere screenshots from that game?

Is there any release date for the game yet?

P.S. I might try the latest Naruto Gamecube game... Not that screenshots are that important for a game but still: Are there anywhere screenshots from that game?

There's screenshots from GNT4 (the last Gamecube one) everywhere... just google "gekitou ninja taisen 4 screenshots". As for the Wii game, its release is next month to coincide with the new series.

Well I just found out that i'm going to America on holiday during the summer so I'm hoping there will be a chance that there will be news of a Wii Freeloader so I can buy a few games.

I'll have to take a lot of money with me to buy DS games and some anime DVDs.

And about the Naruto Wii game,we'll probably see it in maybe 4 years,and that's if we're lucky enough to get it.

Come on Datel we have our needs >.<

Goddamn it if i don't get that naruto game i don't know what i'll do. I hope to god that we get a Wii freeloader - but i'm tempted to get a Jap Wii in case that dream never comes into fruition. And like Shadow said i don't even know if we'll get it here, i mean where are they up to in the anime now here last time i watched the preliminaries hadnt even finished...there may be hope if the fillers are neglected (they were poor enough in japanese god save us from the dubbed version).

They seem to be doing a lot just now GC Freeloader wise.I'd be tempted to get the new Freeloader if I had some more imported games.

And if they should fillers over here surely they would loss viewers.

Will it also work with v2.1E Firmware (hope so) because I recently updated to that firmware and currently ordered the new Freeloader plus Baten Kaitos Origins...

This thread is so bastardised that the arguments are just going to confuse people. New thread is in order to be honest.

Will it also work with v2.1E Firmware (hope so) because I recently updated to that firmware and currently ordered the new Freeloader plus Baten Kaitos Origins...

tbh I don't think nintendo of europe will go out of there way to block the new versions freeloader for gamecube as the profit made on cube at this point is very low, they might let us get away with this one.

Freeloader Mania - Three new versions available and put up to a test. Which version is suitable for your console?

With arrival of the Nintendo Wii™, various reports about compatibility of Datel's popular Freeloader device have been made. We have now received brand new Freeloader supply, available in one old (+three new versions) and have put all of them to a test.

Please make sure to check your console model when placing your order to ensure that the Freeloader indeed works without problems.

Please be reminded that the Freeloader only enables import game playback of Gamecube™ software and is currently not suitable for Wii™ software.

floadercompat.JPG

Remarks:

1.) Test results marked with (*) have currently not been performed by us due to unavailability of DOL101 model Gamecube™ machines. However they are based on various reports made by customers in the past and based on our experience. We will redo tests on DOL101 Gamecube™ models once available to us.

2.) Japanese and Multi Version Freeloader appear to be identical, apart from their packing. Multi Version Freeloader will be phased out and are soon to become unavailable as soon as we have run out of stock.

3.) The PAL Version Freeloader features a new interface. We believe it will be likely that Datel is going to revise their Japanese and US Version Freeloader with the new interface in the near future but do not have further information available at present.

4.) DOL101 Gamecube™ models are the new models, which no longer include the built-in Digital Out Port (for connecting a Gamecube™ Component or D-Cable). You can also find the model number on the label at the bottom of your GameCube. DOL101 model machines were not available to Play-Asia at the time the tests have been conducted. We will update our test results as soon as those models become available to us.

Play-Asia

I want this new freeloader, but I'd be afraid to update my firmware afterwards! Datel need to come up with a way to out-patch them.