NEurope
shade

New GC Freeloader works on PAL Wiis.

It looks like Action Replay works very well with Wii. Someone did already run homebrew Cube SNES emulator with it.

I REALLY hope Freeloader does work. I have Naruto 3 & 4, DON & Sonic Gems japanese.

I need a big D-Pad for Sonic Gems & Sonic Mega Collection really:heh:

Finding it difficult to get hold of one of those special GC Hori D-Pad controllers Lik-Sang used to do about a year and a 1/2 ago before they ran out, and Sony killed them -_-

here you go

never used them though http://www.estarland.com/GameCube.cat.AC.product.14442.html

I think that might be the version that was released in america, don't know if it differs to the japaneese one that I got. Pads are definatly great though.

Thanks mate. They're well cheap:shock:..even if it was pounds, but it's dollars!!!!!:D It's ashame they're outta black ones, would've got 1 Black & 1'Indigo'/Blue/Purple/whatever:heh:.

The blacks went out quickly on Lik-Sang, so I'm not gonna hang around, gonna get two Purples (eating into my Wii fund but oh well):heh:

Thanks a lot dude.

Thanks mate. They're well cheap:shock:..even if it was pounds, but it's dollars!!!!!:D It's ashame they're outta black ones, would've got 1 Black & 1'Indigo'/Blue/Purple/whatever:heh:.

The blacks went out quickly on Lik-Sang, so I'm not gonna hang around, gonna get two Purples (eating into my Wii fund but oh well):heh:

Thanks a lot dude.

you ordered them? let me know what they are like I may get one!

There have been reported problems with older versions of freeloader and judging by the case on that vid he has the first version, when I get my wii I will test my action replay and report back.

Action replay does not work damn it part ex my cube. Got be patient and hope datel come up with a solution

Sons of fucking bitches.

Yeah, Action Replay doesn't work, I can confirm it. As I suspected originally, they used European Pearl White Cube's firmware, that in addition of having some anti-mod measures accidentally broke up support for few devices. I don't believe that blocking AR it was conscious decision on their part, but it still sucks. Oh well, Datel should be able to do create new model, as blocking wasn't actually part of Nintendo's original modus operandi. One other theory is, of course, that it was blocked in latest Wii firmware update, as it allowed to run unsigned code via SD card (which would be really big security risk no matter what is your region).

Won't work on PAL Wii:

lol at guy drinking lager to look cool.

boo at freeloader not working :angry:

Superb. That was one of the first things i was going to try. about 75% of my GC are NTSC.

I'm going to double check when I get home later today, I have a European Wii, regular Freeloader (non-AR-combi) 1.06b and some Japanese/US games to try. Will post back here unless someone else beats me to it.

I'm going to double check when I get home later today, I have a European Wii, regular Freeloader (non-AR-combi) 1.06b and some Japanese/US games to try. Will post back here unless someone else beats me to it.

Hopefully ill beat you, thats if Mr.Parcelforce isn't sat on a country road eating an egg and cress sandwich still.

Yeah, Action Replay doesn't work, I can confirm it. As I suspected originally, they used European Pearl White Cube's firmware, that in addition of having some anti-mod measures accidentally broke up support for few devices. I don't believe that blocking AR it was conscious decision on their part, but it still sucks. Oh well, Datel should be able to do create new model, as blocking wasn't actually part of Nintendo's original modus operandi. One other theory is, of course, that it was blocked in latest Wii firmware update, as it allowed to run unsigned code via SD card (which would be really big security risk no matter what is your region).

I use my Action Replay a fair amount as well.

I kept my Cube so it's not disaster central, it's more an annoyance at having to keep an old device plugged in when I shouldn't have to.

Can fully confirm this rather annoying rumour.

I've got the latest Freeloader, and the Wii simply does not recognise the disc at all. It's not a case of running the Freeloader software and then not being able to change discs afterwards, it doesn't even see the Freeloader disc as anything playable.

It's exactly the same message that comes up with import games - not "This is not a PAL disc", just "We're sorry, but we can't read this disc".

Bugger. :mad: Guess I'm keeping my GameCube plugged in after all. While only a few games of mine are imports, they are some of the best games available and ones I still play like Wind Waker, Metroid Prime and Resident Evil 4.

Changed the title so peoples hopes aren't up and for the sake of raising awareness. Kept a (?) for the sake of ambiguity because I want to test it myself.

This sucks though. I was going to give my Gamecube to my Sister :heh:

Yeah, I can confirm that it does not work (neither Freeloader nor Action Replay).

Unfortunately I did not test it before doing the firmware update.

Thank God I did not trade in my cube :)

Well, yep. It doesn't work. Further proof that Nintendo hates Europe.
I think it's NoE's option, firstly... the white GC's were already blocked against freeloader, Nintendo could easily do that for a US Wii, they didn't.

Also NoA said nintendo hadn't region lock, and NoE said it had, in the end... two weeks later it was implemented in the dev kits via update, it wasn't implemented and IMO it wasn't expected... the one implemented was the exact same region coding GC used, left unchanged.

I believe it was NoE's pressure, afraid of too many people importing games from the outside and all.

It sucks though. :/

modded firmware's anyone?

I believe it was NoE's pressure, afraid of too many people importing games from the outside and all.

Lol, then maybe they could start treating Europe a little better and release the games faster (and I'm not only talking about Wii but DS games too). And secondly, why wasn't this done on the American Wii's? Nintendo's obviously aware of this method, so why not just put the same darn thing on their consoles too?

But will a US wii boot a euro/jap WII game using the freeloader?
not right now, we're only talking about GC games, but yeah, a US Wii can boot pal GC games with a freeloader.